Monday, December 29, 2008

Day 4 @ Kaiser Fontana

Hannah had a day of high temperatures & feeling downright miserable from all the soreness in her body from the serum sickness. The morphine did help a lot but when she needed to get out of her bed she was still sore! Her fever came down enough tonight (it is now currently back up over 101) that she had a brief visit from her sister, which the nurses weren't too happy about but I feel it is a necessity for Lily to make regular apperances!

While Hannah slept a lot today, I spent a lot of time scrapbooking from my hospital bed. I got 13 pages done that I am calling,"The faces of Hannah: 2008". For some reason I can't upload the pages from our new room (bad signal or something). I will try to upload some when I am home at some point.

Hannah has been very quiet today. I know I am the same way when I don't feel well. Right now she is actually sitting in a chair watching Monsters, Inc. She hasn't wanted to really do anything all day -- understandably!!! I don't push her -- when she feels good we have fun, when she feels bad I am fine to just be here in the room with her.

Our nurses today & this evening have been wonderful & they are keeping a close eye on all of Hannah's needs / medications (they literally spend 24/7 switching IV lines to all the stuff she has to take right now!!). I am very thankful I am not in charge of figuring out what medications she needs to take & when. It gives me peace of mind to know that she is getting such great care.

I was thinking today about Hannah's case being watched over by Dr. Neal Young, the world's leading expert on Aplastic Anemia. It struck me that even though we have Dr. Young, we have the True Leading Expert on ALL THINGS -- the King of Kings, that is watching over our every need!!! Thank you, Lord!!

All God's best from Hannah's Suite --

5 comments:

Sylvia said...

Debbie, I continue to pray for Hannah's complete recovery, but more immediately that the Lord keep her pain-free. You are absolutely right that our greatest comfort is in The Great Physician. You are a wonderful mom!

DiJo said...

Lifting you up from snowy MN today!!!!

Hugs,
Diana

Inge said...

Praying for a healing and comfortable day for both of you in the hosptial.

Christine said...

Praying for your little girl, Debbie! And for the rest of your wonderful family.

Samaniego be strong & courageous said...

Hi there Debbie, I am glad I got talk with you at the Hospital. I pray that Hannah will start to turn around and you guys get to go home.Praying for no more pain and Fevers.
Melisa
www.caringbridge.org/visit/jacobshope