Tuesday, December 30, 2008

An Evening Filled with Giggles ..

Hannah has been so happy this evening with lots of giggles & even few outfit changes :-). The side effects from her serum sickness are subsiding from the increased dosage of Prednisone. She still has fevers that come & go all day / night but she is getting adjusted to taking Tylenol many times a day.

I snuck our dog, Joy, into the hospital room tonight for a brief visit. Having that sweet dog here for a while was such a lift to Hannah's spirits!!! Right now I am eating my favorite NY Pizza -- thank you Brenda & Jason -- it is so yummy! It was breakfast & lunch for me yesterday & tonight a late night snack! I L-O-V-E it, 24/7!! Only thin crust pizza for this East Coast girl!

The nurse tonight asked Hannah what she wanted to be when she grows up & what came next was truly the quote of the month: "I want to be a lab person that tests the poopy & pee-pee". Oh my goodness -- the nurse & I both fell over laughing -- can you imagine?!?! What happened to teacher or actress? I guess she has really adapted to life here in the hospital environment. Ha.ha!!!

Right now Hannah is singing along to the movie Hairspray & enjoying herself. I can tell she is feeling sooo much better than 2 days ago. Thank you, Lord!!

Hannah's blood count numbers continue to be dangerously low (which is what we expect with Aplastic Anemia). She will be getting a transfusion of platelets tomorrow since her numbers are about 30,000 right now. For a healthy person, the normal range starts at numbers of about 140,000.

Thank you to everyone that continues to encourage us on this difficult journey. We feel your prayers & feel sustained by God's grace during these days.

All God's best --

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to hear Hannah is feeling better today! I was offline for about a week and couldn't wait to catch up on how you're all doin'! Still praying for Mr. Bone Marrow to come back from vacation and GET TO WORK! :) Love you all and praying for a new year that brings you healing, happiness and health! Hugs, Brigitte

Lynne said...

I, too, felt disconnected from you all as the busyness of the holidays kept me from my computer. My heart aches along with yours to hear of the pain and discomfort of sweet Hannah. But, then I am so amazed and encouraged by your firm faith and positiveness. I'm afraid little Hannah will have to get her Christmas present from us in March at the NIH. Oh well, sounds like Santa and friends made it to Rancho Cucamonga on time! Love you all sooo much! xoxoxox

Inge said...

Glad to hear it was a better day! And the choice of her future profession is soooooo funny!
Continued Prayers coming your way on this last day of 2008 and may 2009 bring you HEALTH, HEALING and JOY. Love,INge

Cheryl said...

so glad to hear Hannah was feeling better and giggling. We are praying for God to bless Hannah with good health and full healing from her illness. God is in control and watching over you all. It is so fun to see your pictures. What a precious family! We're thankful for you. Love, Morales Fam