Tuesday, December 9, 2008

"Hannah Fontana"

Hannah Fontana seems appropriate since we are camped out at the hospital in Fontana, CA!

Just some bullet points from today --

* Hannah had a terrible night of sleep last night so as you can imagine, it made for a bit of a harder day but overall she continues to do very well with a good attitude in the hospital.

* Red blood cells were transfused this morning, she will be getting platelets at 5am tomorrow morning.

* She is going for a second bone marrow biopsy tomorrow at 9:30AM. Please pray for her as she goes into the OR for this procedure. The doctor is going to try to get a better biopsy than the one that was taken last week. After we get the report back from pathology we should be able to make some decisions for her treatment by the end of this week.

* My family & Jim are doing research for treatment options. They are looking into what is available at St. Judes, MD Anderson, USC and John's Hopkins. We will go ANYWHERE to get the best, most advanced treatment available! I don't care if I have to camp out in a tent in front of the hospital, we will go to where ever we need to go to give Hannah the best chance for recovery.

* I went home today for a shower & a good cry. I can't lose it in front of Hannah so it was good to get out of the hospital for a bit. I stopped at our PO Box & as I was opening the box I was thinking, 'I sure hope there is something for Hannah in here.' When I opened the box, cards for Hannah spilled out!!! I was so happy for her as she absolutely loves getting mail & loves reading ALL of the cards & pictures! Thank you to everyone that has sent something to our Hannah (even those that we have never met!!)! I can't thank everyone enough!!!


* I went to dinner tonight with Lily & tried to pretend for an hour that life was just normal. She is such a sweet, smart little pumpkin & it was such a joy to be with the little honey!!


"Then you will call, and the Lord will answer; you will cry for help and He will say: Here I am." Isaiah 58:9


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh darn, another biopsy...
I will continue to pray for Mr. Bone Marrow to get back to work and will be sure to pray during the biopsy for healing and good results! I'm sending you, Jim, Hannah and Lily a HUGE, virtual bear hug. Please tell Hannah how proud I am of her for being so brave and having such a good attitude (at 7 yrs. old, that's quite remarkable). Deb: You are an amazing woman and an incredible mom, doing your best in this uncharted territory. I pray for you to find some pockets of rest so that you can stay healthy and strong during this time. Your God, family and friends are holding you all up with love. Hugs, Brigitte

DiJo said...

Praying and Praying here Debbie!!!

I know God will give you the wisdom to make the VERY BEST choices for Hannah!

You CAN do this!!!!

Love,
Diana

Christy said...

We are continually praying for sweet Hannah. She is such a resiliant little girl and I am with you in that camping out or doing absolutly anything necessary to get your little one the best care possible. You and Jim are doing such an amazing job and I know this is soooo hard on you guys. You are being strong for both your girls and I stand back in amazement of your strength! I am in awe-- the Lord is obviously working. Take those times to cry and to regain your strength. There are so many people around the world praying for Hannah and your famlily!

Hugs,

Christy :)

this is us said...

During hospital stays, the shower is always my crying place. You can really let it all out. Praying, praying, praying for you all!!!!

Love,
Jennifer