Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sunday @ NIH

Not much to report except that today marks one week since we flew to Maryland. Hannah was very tired today. Aunt Rachel asked Hannah if she was feeling like a rabbit from all the rabbit cells she received in the ATG Therapy (it was funny!!). Hannah twitched her nose & hopped around the room like a bunny ... we all had a good laugh!

At the Children's Inn tonight we had dinner with Aunt Rachel, cousin Sarah & Aunt Miriam. The dinner was brought in by a group of volunteers ... and so yummy!! After dinner there was a Build A Bear workshop for all the kids at the Inn. Hannah got to pick out a stuffed animal, outfit, etc...just like at the Build A Bear store. It was fun for Hannah even though she was exhausted by the time we left the Inn to come back to the hospital.

Pray Hannah will do well this week on the medication she continues to have to take. She is done with the ATG therapy but she is still taking a lot of stuff. She is SOOOO sick of having to swallow pills. I feel terrible for her ... my little girl with the happy heart was crying a lot this morning when the AM pills showed up. Heart breaking ... I wish I could make all this go away for her.

As I blog, Hannah is receiving a transfusion of red blood cells & watching a movie on Disney Channel. She is such a sweetie pie & it just breaks my heart for her to be going through all of this. I am very ready to be back home ... just over a week until we can go back to California!!

4 comments:

Inge said...

Good to read that Hannah enjoyed her "outing" today. I pray that week #2 will go well for Hannah and all of you. Have you had any snow yet?
You are in my thoughts and prayers,
Inge

Cheryl said...

Dear Hannah~ We hope you get better soon. We are praying for you lots. The videos were fun to see--we like the Shake, Shake song. We can't wait for you to get back home. We miss you and can't wait to play with you. Love, Lindsay & Ben

p.s. we love you!

Sylvia said...

Debbie, my heart breaks with you for Hannah. I can't get her off my mind. I am praying for the Lord to bring healing quickly! She is such a precious girl and she is so blessed to be surrounded by such love! Praying!

Christy said...

Glad that Hannah enjoyed the Inn! Im glad things are going well but I totally understand wanting to get home-- soon very soon!! You will be shocked when you get back with the snow on the mountains and the cold weather. It is like when Hannah left last Sunday that you guys took all the sunshine with you!! Cant wait for Hannah to return so that we get some warmer weather :)

Christy