What a Year ....
* Without a doubt, the highlight for us was having sweet little Lily placed in our arms on 9/22/08 in Changsha, Hunan, China and then delivering her into Hannah's arms on 10/1/2008. We have seen Lily grow & blossom in so many ways in just three short months since we came home!! She is constantly happy, unless of course electronic objects are witheld from her hands. Since being over at the Slazas', she has been enjoying Matthew's iPhone (she even unlocked it the other day), the stero, computer, Wii remotes and TV remotes!?!?!!! I know without a doubt that God's timing was absolutely perfect & He planned this precious daughter for our family since the before the beginning of time. We see His hand in our L-O-N-G wait for Lily ... it was HIS timing even if it wasn't ours during the waiting process. I can't imagine if we had been in China when Hannah got sick or if this started just before we were to leave for China. God knew & it was worth every day of waiting while He was teaching my heart to trust Him more & more with all my heart. The faith journey of waiting for Lily is helping me in these days of Hannah's illness. I know I can trust the Lord even though I do NOT understand any of this situation.
* For me, the year was filled with many annoying medical issues: dislocated shoulder, bell's palsy, shingles & let's see, now major hair loss -- not sure why but I am looking more & more like my bald Dad every single day. Oy!
* June 7th was a terrible day as Hannah's dear Aunt Roisin lost her tough & long battle against breast cancer. A day hasn't gone by that I haven't thought of her. She will always be remembered & always be loved. I know she is in the presence of the Lord but selfishly I still want her HERE continuing to be the mom to her three precious girls and the amazing friend that she was!!
* Hannah had many firsts in 2008: finishing kindergarten, learning to ride a bike, learning to read, starting first grade & BECOMING A SISTER!!!!!!! She has always been a special girl but the past month she has just downright amazed me as she has had to endure SOOOOOOO much!! She has had 3 bone marrow biopsies, a surgery to have a port implanted, CAT Scan, x-rays, needles for blood draws, shots many times, bad side effects from medicines & so much more. It is just unbelievable when I think of how positive & happy her heart continues to be. She knows that it could be years before her "bone marrow comes back from vacation". She is adjusting her mind that she will have to practice A LOT of PATIENCE, like she did while waiting 3 years for her sister to arrive. I can only imagine how God is going to use these "patience lessons" with Hannah. He has amazing plans for her life & I am grateful that I get to be a part!!!
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Goodbye, 2008!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Dear Debby, Jim, Hannah & Lily, wishing all of you a HEALTHY NEW YEAR! It sounds like you have all gained amazing strenght thru the many challenges you faced in 2008 and this strenght and God's blessings and grace will guide you to a healthy 2009. Reading your blog and being part of your journey right now gives me such gratitude for my health every day. Thank you for sharing your journey.
Love,Inge
Post a Comment