Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Update on Hannah from her Mom, Debbie

Hi, it's Deb. Jim is at the hospital with Hannah ... I just came home to shower & grab a bunch more stuff to take back. It is hard to imagine that we just got back from Thanksgiving where Hannah was perfectly fine. How you can go from what seems like perfectly healthy to very, very ill in a matter of days is a total shock.

When we were in Indiana I noticed Hannah had a number of bruises on her body. I attributed it to the fact that we had gone on a 4 mile bike ride the day before we left on our trip. I didn't think much of it ...until she was swimming at the pool at the hotel & we all noticed she had a lot of bruising. When we got back to California, we counted & there were 34 bruises on her body. I called Kaiser Monday morning to set up an appt. with her doctor. We got in right away, had blood work done & they told us we would probably hear something by this coming Friday. Hannah & I went on to have a "mother daughter" day since Lily was with Aunt Kim. Hannah wanted to go to Chuck E Cheese ... so instead of taking her back to school we went to the Chuckster's. I am so overindulgent at times, I got her 100 tokens since she'd done so well with the blood work that they had to do. She told me it was the best day of her life. 2 hours later my doctor was calling me to say pack a bag & come to the hospital right away ..Hannah is very sick. Oh my goodness, my heart has never sank so deep so fast. My sweet little Hannah is the joy of my life. She has given me more laughs & happiness than any mom deserves.

She cried a lot when I told her we were going to the hospital but ever since we got there she has been just amazing. Even today when they explained the bone marrow procedure, she was just incredible. It is a total testament to God's grace!!!!

Please pray for my precious Hannah. We will be at the hospital most of this week & we don't really know how long at this point. We are just taking it one day at a time. No matter what, I know I can lean on Jesus (as my friend Deb Collins sent me in a text today). He is faithful in every way & I know He cares for Hannah with all His heart.

Sweet Lily will be camped out with Aunt Kim & family. She needs to be in one place considering all she has already adjusted to in the past 8 weeks.

Two months ago it was our first dinner together as a family of four. Hard to believe.

Please pray for Hannah's body to respond quickly & for the doctor's to have wisdom. Her nurses are amazing & taking incredible care with precious Hannah.

Hannah requested that I post this little video of her last night in the hospital. Enjoy seeing her give you a tour of her hospital situation :-). She is so stinkin' adorable!!

17 comments:

Christine said...

We are PRAYING so hard for sweet Hannah to respond well to the treatments and for you all to be able to lean on God during this time.

Christy said...

She is just precious. What a whirlwind but now she is in a place where she can heal and you guys can focus on her alone. Things will work out and you know God has it all under control!

We are praying for you guys.

Christy :)

Michelle said...

I came here from Christy's blog and I just wanted you to know that your family and Hannah will be in my prayers. I cannot imagine how hard it is to see your child sick. I am so sorry.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...what a shocking development after such a wonderful holiday. Please know that I'm praying (as are all the girls from Palm Springs)for God's grace and protection for Hannah. She is an amazing girl and SO brave. All my love & prayers for strength to you and Jim (and sweet Lily). I love you Debbie! I'm staying away for now, per Rachel's request, but you know I'll be there in a heartbeat if you need anything! Please find a little time to rest amidst this scary time.

Camille said...

Please let Hannah know that we are praying for her. God is good and He is walking alongside you every moment.

Love you guys.

DiJo said...

Denise,
I will be praying specifically for Hannah's body to respond to treatment. That the doctors and nurses will have wisdom in caring for her, and that you and Jim will have peace beyond all understanding!
I don't know if you remember that nine weeks after we got home from China, Jeff became severely ill with a virus that attacked his nervous system. He was in the hospital for almost 2 weeks, and my world was turned upside down. Thankfully, by God's grace, and the help of my amazing friends we got through it. It was really hard on Ruby and it set us back in the sleep department dramatically. So, I will be praying for Lily that she continues to feel safe and loved, and that she will not skip a beat in her routine while you are busy focusing on Hannah. I know how hard it is as a Mom to be there for everyone. You can do this. It will all be OK! Hannah - you hang in there! It sounds like you are in wonderful hands.

Thank you for keeping me posted.

Love from Minnesota,
Diana

DiJo said...

Denise,
I will be praying specifically for Hannah's body to respond to treatment. That the doctors and nurses will have wisdom in caring for her, and that you and Jim will have peace beyond all understanding!
I don't know if you remember that nine weeks after we got home from China, Jeff became severely ill with a virus that attacked his nervous system. He was in the hospital for almost 2 weeks, and my world was turned upside down. Thankfully, by God's grace, and the help of my amazing friends we got through it. It was really hard on Ruby and it set us back in the sleep department dramatically. So, I will be praying for Lily that she continues to feel safe and loved, and that she will not skip a beat in her routine while you are busy focusing on Hannah. I know how hard it is as a Mom to be there for everyone. You can do this. It will all be OK! Hannah - you hang in there! It sounds like you are in wonderful hands.

Thank you for keeping me posted.

Love from Minnesota,
Diana

Amy said...

I feel sort of silly leaving this b/c I don't know you, but I am waiting for my baby girl from China and found your blog somewhere out there and have been following it and when I read it last night it brought me to tears, I too have a child,he is 5,and I cant even imagine how you feel right now..I am praying for you, Hannah, and your entire family with all my heart..God is good, lean on him, he will prevail and heal and protect Hannah no matter what. You hang in there and trust him, he will never give us more than we can handle. Sincerely, Amy-rogersadoptionjourney.blogspot.com

Mendy said...

I came to your blog from To Mia with Love and wanted to let you know that we are praying for Hannah. She is such a precious and beautiful young girl. We will also pray for Lily as she is playing at home with her Aunt. Here is my favorite verse that I use in tough trials. Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." May God continue to give you all strength and courage in the days ahead.

t~ said...

We are praying for Hannah. I love her cute little voice and how smart she is with all that equipment. She explained it better than most doctors do. Hugs.

Inge said...

Dear Debbie, Hannah and the rest of the family, you are all in my thoughts and prayers. God is good and he will get you thru all this too! Love and hugs from Fresno, Inge

Kim said...

Praying for Hannah...
LOVE the video..
She is one smart cookie..
Hugs to you all..

The Fab 5 said...

Tears filled my eyes as I read and the post and watched the video. What a whirlwind you have been through. I will continue to pray for that AMAZING little blessing Hannah! She is such a firecracker and a very smart one at that. Hannah keep up those smiles mom is going to need those to keep her smile on!! Did you know you have people praying for you all over the United States how cool is that! You are a very special girl. Prayers from Illinois.

Claudia said...

Hannah,
I am amazed with your joy and strength! We are praying for you every single day. Just remember you are not alone because Jesus is by your side. Get well soon so Izabella can come over and play. She can't wait!
Love you sweetie,
Claudia

sabrina said...

We are Praying for a speedy recovery. And hope that you will be home soon with your sister Lili and Mom & Dad. Stay strong and bright. Your video was Terrfic!!!!
We love you and Miss you.
Love,
Sabrina, Elizabeth, Rhiannon and Chris Heaney

Rachelle Trank said...

Hey Debbie! I am heartsick for you and what is happening with Hannah. Tell her I said hello and I am praying for her!
Randomly I met your dad today! He came here (NYC branch) with your Israeli cousin Michael, we were talking and it wasn't until I asked his name (remembered your maiden name) that it clicked. It was pretty cool, thats how I heard about Hannah. I think the last time I read the blog was right before everything happened. I love you! And we are praying for Hannah and the whole family! ~Rachelle

Kayce said...

Hannah you are a rock star! You are in our prayers and we look forward to getting updates from you like the one you gave in that way cool video. Many hugs and lots of prayers!