Thursday, February 5, 2009

Back in the Hospital

Hi,
Aunt Rachel here reporting for "blogging duty."

Hannah was having abdominal pain today. She's been admitted overnight. An ultrasound will be happening this evening to see if they can get to the root cause of her pain.

She's been given medication so she isn't in pain currently. I just spoke with Debbie. Hannah was asleep. Debbie sounded like she'd soon be on her way to joining Hannah in some much needed rest.

Pray this would really only be an overnight visit and not a long term one!

Indulge my opportunity to get on my soapbox for just a moment.
Living 3,000 miles apart from Debbie while all of this is going on has been heartbreaking for me personally. I'm so grateful to the friends who have shown themselves to be family that live nearby (and those that live all over the planet, for that matter).
Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
Words can't express how my heart rejoices!
Debbie shares the wonderful things so many of you have been doing.

Mom, as much as I miss you, I'm so happy you have a free schedule that allows you to be in California. You mean so much to all three of us. Dad, you too! The impact and example that you both are to your daughters, sons-in-law and 6 (7th on its way) grandchildren in remarkable.

Keep praying for Miss Hannah's bone marrow to come back from it's vacation. Vacaction is over boys. Let's get back to work.

5 comments:

Chelley said...

prayers said

The Fab 5 said...

My first reaction was OH No not again. I can't even imagine how your heart hurts right now. I will pray hard today for Miss Hannah that God will reach down and do some hard work on her body. He has so much healing to do in this world I will pray that he touches sweet Hannah and brings her back to good health. Hang in there mom all of this is in God's crazy plan even though it is SO HARD to see right now he has all of this planned. You will look back someday and know why, for now trusting in him is all we have and it is not always easy. I for one have had many one sided yelling matches with the big guy and he always finds a way for his plan to be shown. Enjoy the day for what it is today, a blessing. I will pray for your whole family that Gods plan has healing in it soon and that you can get back to "normal" family living.

Santefe said...

Praying for Hannah's healing and strength. May God be with you all.

Thoughts and Prayers from Illinois

DiJo said...

Thank you for the update on your family. I am so sorry to hear that Hannah is back in the hospital, but grateful that she is in great hands.

Praying in MN.

Blessings,
Diana

Mac said...

Praying in Indiana for sweet Hannah and her wonderful family.