Monday, February 16, 2009

Ultrsound Results & More




As we were watching a movie tonight, Hannah handed me the above picture that she had just drawn -- it says, "I wish I was doing this right now". It is a picture of her eating cereal. I wanted to cry my eyes out - the poor girl hasn't had anything to eat since February 5th?! So sad. She is handling it all well but I know it is really starting to wear on her. Eating is so much fun -- especially here in the hospital when one of the best things we usually do is eat snacks & cereal.

The ultrasound showed no change to the swelling in the cecum area of Hannah's intestines. I was very disappointed to hear that things hadn't changed but our friend, Dr. Alan Taur looked at the results & called me to say he was encouraged that the Typhlitis is at least stable. He reiterated that her situation could have gone down hill very quickly with Typhlitis & we are very fortunate to have things stable. So, after being disappointed with the ultrasound results, I was glad to hear Alan say that "stable" is a really, really good thing for Hannah. Who knew that stable was such a good thing?? I am still getting used to this world of Aplastic Anemia medical issues.

We had a fun sleep over last night -- Hannah slept awesome (except getting up every 2 hours to go potty!). Lily wanted to party in the bed with me at all hours but she was so stinking cute in the process. She never fussed & only wanted to smile, bite my fingers & play all night long. Lily is at home tonight sleeping it up with Daddy, Grandma & Grandpa. :-)


Please pray for the swelling in her intestines to significantly decrease. Pray for her pain to go away. Today she has been asking for morphine every 2 - 4 hours. Pray for her spirits as I know we are going to be here for at least the rest of the week (but I am gearing up my own mind for at least a month this visit). And, last but not least - pray for her precious little bone marrow to come back full force.

It feels so distant that Hannah was just a healthy child at the beginning of this school year. How was it that life was so normal & we were packing our bags to get Lily in China? How are we now living in this parallel universe of hospitals, transfusions, ultrasounds & sleepless nights in a hospital room? I can't seem to wrap my brain around everything that has transpired since December 1st but maybe it is just God protecting my mind. He certainly can do absolutely anything!!

"You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you." Isaiah 26:3

3 comments:

jennifer said...

I'm praying for you and your family. I can't imagine what it must be like to be living through this nightmare. Hope her healing comes soon.

Jenny said...

Give Hannah a kiss and hug from Ben and I! Praying for you all daily.
Love,
Jenny

Inge said...

Thoughts and prayers are with you. Love, Inge