


So I talked to the dr. this morning & he increased Hannah's Benadryl dose for bedtime - that was all Hannah needed in the first place!! She'd had an increased dose of Benadryl once before & it worked like a charm for helping her sleep. Why he didn't just change the order yesterday when I asked him twice is just beyond me. It is not like I was asking for a lethal dose of Benadryl for my daughter!?!?!
UG!!!!
OK --- I just had to vent.
Done.
Today -- Hannah's numbers are holding around where they have been (still very low but better than in December!). She is about to get red blood cells tonight because her hemaglobin is around 7.8.
Today she had "art class" which actually turned into a Webkinz / tap dance / singing / drawing / crafting / art class. I truly don't care what kind of class it is ... it just gives me the freedom to leave & know that she is in great hands. Thank you, Erika Lazo, for the G-R-E-A-T time Hannah had with you! Nothing made my heart happier today than hearing her ask to hold your hand as she was playing Webkinz & singing her little heart out to the Anastasia soundtrack. Really ... do you think she likes you!?!!!! So cute! Thank you for loving on Hannah & being so much fun for her!!!!
Jim & I met for dinner at one of our favorite places -- so nice & it was just the two of us. Lily was on a day long field trip with Aunt Kim & family, so she wasn't near by to join us. It worked out nice for Jim & I to just have some time together .. even if we cried through half of the meal over everything that is going on.
Hannah got an AWESOME package from Vanessa Hudgens -- see the photos here!!! Thank you to my friend Tracey Valdez for talking with her friend Jennifer who talked to Vanessa's mom. A SAK purse also arrived but isn't in the pictures. Thank you, Vanessa & her mom!!! Thank you, Jennifer, for calling to ask on Hannah's behalf!! You made Hannah's day & the signed stuff is so cool! Really .. thanks for thinking of my little girl here in Fontana!!
Hannah had her needle changed this evening. It went well -- but who wouldn't be scared to have a 1.25" needle inserted into their chest -- no matter how many times it's been done. Thanks to nurse Jacque for doing a stellar job & for giving Hannah such a nice treat for cooperating so well :-)!
Hannah had a shower, did some tap dancing, watched American Idol and IS NOW SOUND ASLEEP!!!!!!!!!!!! Music, or lack there of, to my ears :-)!
Tonight I am thankful for this promise from the book of Isaiah --
"He gives strength to the weary, And to him who lacks might He increases power. Though youths grow weary and tired, And vigorous young men stumble badly. Yet those who wait for the LORD will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary." Isaiah 40:29-31
Thank you, Lord!!!
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Hannah Sound Asleep with No Problem Tonight
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Hi Debbie...again you have no idea who I am...I am just another blogger waiting for my baby in china and found you a while back, but I want you to know I visit your blog weekly and lift you, Hannah, Lily and your husband up in prayer DAILY....you have given me so much of an insight of what it truly means to be a Christian, which I am, your strentgh through this amazes me daily, thankyou and God bless you and your family..keep holding on tight..-A
Two things:
1. I could not fall asleep last night because I could not stop singing Anastasia last night. Seriously, this went on for a couple of hours. :)
2. Did Hannah earn the special "thing" with a blue cap last night?
See you guys next week!
Once again, I am stopping in to say Hi and send my prayers!!! Can I just say just to cute!! Hannah tapping her way down the hallway of Kaiser :o) I am really glad she had gotten a good night sleep :o) I just got Jacobs counts back from blood work, he is at 2.0 still very low with an ANC of 800, and just think I wanted to take him clothes shopping with me, well guess not :o/ So we are in for a Spinal on Monday, so we will be there about 8am.
Have a great day,
Melisa
My cousin sent me the link to your blog and told me to check it out. I have read so much about your alls journey. I even blogged about your story today on my own blog. You sound like an amazing mother and Hannah is so lucky to have you there by her side all the time. It goes without saying that Lily is just as lucky to have you as well. I will be praying for your entire family, and especially that little Hannah starts feeling much better soon!
Love and prayers from KY!
Hi Debbie,
Just got caught up on 2 days of your blogs. I am praying for you guys often as is Mike, Andrew and our small group at church. Hannah looks adorable in all the photos. So glad to hear you and Jim could have a night out. You guys really need that. We are praying Hannah will be home soon and back to eating solid food. Thanks for keeping us all updated. We are praying for complete healing for your precious Hannah!
Love,
Stephanie
Hey Debi Chelsy was so happy about Vannessa!!! That is sooo cool Love you all so much
It has been a few days since I checked the blog and I always look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for sharing the scripture from Isaiah, also one of my personal favorites! You continue to inspire me and we are lifting your family up in prayer. Can we visit you, Hannah, and Lily sometime?
Just a quick reminder of how much we love you and that we're praying daily for Hannah's health and for God's comfort and grace for you all. Brigitte, Steve, Kayla and Brody
Post a Comment