
My parents have been here a lot these past 11+ weeks (Mom, especially). I have lost track of how many flights they have taken from Philadelphia to California. Last night Lily & I drove them to LAX for their long-planned trip to HAWAII!!!! Hannah won the lottery with these grandparents ..... Thank you, Lord, for these two wonderful people that love you with all their hearts, love each other & have loved us every day of our lives. My sisters & I have always felt love from our parents .. it was never a mystery for us to try to figure out or something that had to be obtained by "doing something"... the love was always just there -- unconditionally. So, thanks, Mom & Dad -- enjoy this time together in the paradise of Hawaii! We all love you!!!
Today was Hannah's Art Class .. it went great & Hannah is looking forward to the teacher coming again next Thursday. They painted a lot & got to know each other. The teacher is a young woman from our church that I met through the nursery one Sunday when I was in there hanging out with Lily. I think it is going to work out very good for Hannah to have these art lessons & also, it works out great for me to have a break in the middle of the day to leave the hospital. Today Lily & I went to an incredible Thai restaurant for lunch & then we went to Michael's. I went in for one thing -- but you know how that goes-- I left with $50 of craft / painting stuff for miss Hannah. She is really into painting right now. Last night she had the secretary get her a box so she could paint it. I liked the box so much, I bought it from her for $2 so I can keep Lily's toys in it here at the hospital. Hannah is some little negotiator & entrepreneur. Yes, the girl is definitely related to me!!!
Right now Hannah is sound asleep (in the chair!?) with 4 IV pumps attached to her IV pole. She got her port needle changed today & it was traumatic but she held still & did amazing considering how much she was crying. I started crying because she was saying "I'M DONE!!! I'M DONE!!! NO MORE NEEDLES!!!" It was just so sad & all I could say was "I'm so sorry" There really are no words to express to her how much it hurts me to see her hurting & scared like that.
On a much, much lighter note - last night Hannah discovered a new dance partner, her IV pole. She was in the hallway & decided to start dancing. She was holding onto the pole like a dance partner & singing along as they danced down the hall. So, as her Mom, I am wondering -- after 11 weeks in the hospital, is it really bad that my daughter has become an "IV Pole Dancer"??!! :-)
All God's best from Hannah Fontana's Suite #1303 --
"Just as a father has compassion on his children, So the Lord has compassion on those who fear Him." Psalm 103:13
P.S. -- Big time kudos to Kaiser for listening to my criticism when I stopped in the Administrator's office a few weeks ago for them to taste Hannah's lunch tray. The person I met with came by our room today & said they are starting a brand new Kid's Menu in less than 2 weeks because of me going to them. I was so happy to hear that there will be changes!!! Who says one person can't make a difference!?!?
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Grandma & Grandpa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
deb -- if Hannah still has the rainbow that we painted together, i will buy it from her, just ask her what the price is! love, aunt mimi
Hey Debbie,
Have you ever seen the old musical Royal Wedding? If you or Hannah like musicals, this would be a fun one to watch. Fred Astaire has this long dance routine with a pole. I think you two would get a kick out of it. :)
Blessings and Hugs,
Jenny W.
I don't honestly think one person can make a difference, but I do believe DEB can make anything happen... of course through Christ who gives her strength!
Love you!
Post a Comment