Hannah had another ultrasound done this afternoon. I just caught a glimpse of the report from the radiologist & it showed that the cecum area of Hannah's intestines has improved significantly!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my goodness .. what a relief to see those words! She is not completely over the Typhlitis but we know from the ultrasound that she is getting better ... THANK YOU, LORD!!!!!!!
Hannah has only been asking for morphine today for some pain she has been having in her leg. I don't know what that is all about but it has been terrible pain. On the pain scale she has been saying it is an 8 (1 - 10 scale). With the intestine pain, I think the highest she ever went was about a 7. Maybe her legs are sore from all the running she has been doing in the halls. It is so stinking cute to see her run down the hall pushing the IV pole. Really, no one would believe she is as sick as she is if they just saw her running with all the energy in the world for a few minutes (afterward she is very tired!).
OK -- Lily is here tonight. She is already sound asleep & hopefully will stay that way for most (or all) of the night!! Hannah is watching Annie's Royal Adventure & loving it!
Thank you for your prayers for Hannah's intestines ... please, keep praying for her to make a full recovery from Typhlitis & Aplastic Anemia. Thanks!!!
All God's best from Kaiser Fontana --
PS --- And just for fun, here is a picture of me & Hannah from September 8, 2002. She was 8 months old & such a cutie pie!!!
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Huge Praise!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
Wonderful news!!
Hi Debbie,
So glad to hear the great news. Hannah is in our prayers often as are you and Jim. Love the cute photo! :) Love, Stephanie
Soo happy to see Hannah's improving, that's awesome!! LOVE the good news & that precious picture!! Love from NJ, Steph
That is VERY GOOD news! Praise God!
Re: No food by mouth
My heart goes out to Hannah. I know the misery of "NPO," and I will be the first to admit it's absolutely miserable.
I hated hearing the food trays being delivered on my floor...just another reminder of what I was missing. I know mealtime is one of the few "anticipated" breaks from the dull and often depressing hospital scene.
When I was a kid...sticker books were in. I'm not sure what Hannah's into, but getting a simple/inexpensive but fun suprise like stickers or a craft at meal time can make things more pleasant--something to look forward to. It makes it more bearable...
Hopefully she will be moved to a liquid diet soon...after bieng NPO, broth and italian ice taste soooooo good! Jello is icing on the cake!
Hang in there, Hannah. You're in my prayers. You too, mommy!
Oh...and again, GREAT news!
Great news about the ultrasound! Being NPO is paying off!!! Keep up the great job Hannah! And Debbie too! Love, INge
What a cutie pie she was and is!! It totally looks just like her-even as a baby-- totally cute!!
It was so great to see Jim and Lily at church this morning. I loved seeing how much lily has changed since I saw her last. I am soooo happy hannahs intestines are doing better. That is just awesome!!
Continuing to pray!!
Christy :)
I am so glad to here that Hannah's doing better! Maybe they will let you go home this week, of course it will probably be with the IV pole in tow, if they let you.
My prayers are with you,
Melisa
I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard me cry. He lifted me up out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord
Psalm 40:1-3
I can't believe that you just didn't go ahead and name her "Jamie" -- she looks so much like Jim in this photo! (Although I must admit to never having actually seen Jim in a swing.) You still look as young and pretty as ever! Hang in there, Debbie! You are a great Mom!
Post a Comment