Per Hannah's request, Lily is here tonight to sleep over. Thank you, Lord, that the hospital is fine with her being here with us!!!! I don't know what I would do if they wouldn't allow her in the room. When Hannah had C-Diff, I understand that Lily couldn't be here because that is something that could harm Lily.
Truly, Lily is probably the best medicine that Hannah could possibly receive. Tonight I was holding Lily while she was trying to fall asleep & Hannah just kept kissing her forehead & touching her cheeks. It was so sweet. These sisters are bonded despite the time they have spent apart in the past 10 weeks. I love to see the way they love each other!
I went to church today for the first time since before Thanksgiving. It was so great to be there .. but of course, it felt so strange since I was there without Jim & Hannah. It was just me, Lily & my parents. Jim came to the hospital this morning so I could leave in time for church. At church, it was odd to see Hannah's name listed in the bulletin under "pray for those in the hospital". How was her name the only one listed in that place?! It is still surreal that any of this is happening. I know it shouldn't be after ALL this time of sleeping in the hospital every night with her but it just is. I don't know how to explain it.
So the update on Hannah -- the doctor has lined up a GI Specialist to come see her every day. I have no idea how long we will be here this visit. It is so day to day with this illness & all the many, many potential complications. She will probably have an ultrasound tomorrow to try to see what is happening in the intestines. She is still prohibited from eating or drinking. She is attached to an IV pole 24/7. She has 3 tubes with access to her body via the port in the center of her chest & the PIC line in her right arm. Every time she gets up we have to drag the IV pole with us...a pain but just the reality of life for her these past 10 weeks. The entire time we have been in a Kaiser hospital she has been hooked up to the IV pole 24/7.
Today Lily is 17 months old .... & Hannah is 7 years, 3 months. The days just keep rolling by but I am making the absolute best of each & every day treasuring these two precious lives.
Lily just woke up & is on my lap touching the computer with her feet .... I'd better get off to go to sleep with her!
All God's best --
Monday, February 16, 2009
In the Hospital Room with Two Sleeping Girls
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I am praying that you guys get to go home soon, Day by day :o/
My prayers are with you
Melisa
The day you are at church we miss because we were in arrowhead-- darn!!! I would love to have seen you!! We are still praying for you guys daily and you are always in my thoughts!
Hugs,
Christy :)
Thinking and praying for you. I am so glad you are able to see and feel the blessings inspite of the tremendous challenges you have faced these past weeks. Your girls are so precious! And you have a lot to do with it, you give them so much unconditional love...that's why they can give it to each other....you are amazing.
Love, Inge
Post a Comment