Monday, February 9, 2009

Mellow Monday at Kaiser

Hannah slept ALL NIGHT ... thank you, Lord!!! Hannah has been sleeping in the big chair in the room. For some reason she doesn't want to get in the hospital bed - I am not too upset because it has provided a very nice place for me to sleep while we are here in LA!

Today we met the Oncologist/Hemotologist - he was very straight with us about what an emergency situation this is for Hannah. He told us that this complication only occurs in about 10% - 20% of Aplastic patients. So considering that only 600 - 900 people get Aplastic Anemia each year in the USA, Hannah is in a very small group of people with Aplastic Anemia & the Typhlitis complication!? The doctor here also told us that he has a lot of personal experience with AA & Typhlitis because his brother had this when he was 16 years old .. and today his brother is in his 4th year of medical school. Such a relief to hear about someone that made it through this & has gone on to live a normal life -- that is my hope & prayer for Hannah!!!!

The doctor said once they feel her intestines are out of danger of perforation they will move us back to Kaiser Fontana (hopefully by the middle of this week). He also said that Hannah cannot eat or drink anything for ANOTHER WEEK!?! She hasn't had anything since last Thursday. I do totally understand because her bowels need to have a complete rest so they can heal.

Please pray for her intestines to heal quickly, for her pain to be at a minimum with the morphine & pray for her to not have any kind of an appetite since she is completely restricted from food. She is getting fluids in her IV & thankfully she was not underweight when this all started~!

Right now, Grandma & I are hanging out here in the room -- playing Sudoku & watching TV. Hannah is watching movies & enjoying her big chair while the IV antibiotics & morphine continues to flow into her precious body!

Thank you for praying for Hannah & checking in on her via this blog. I know there are people that read this & pray for her that we have never even met: thank you!!

11 comments:

Melissa said...

I am glad Hannah is geting the rest that she needs. I can't believe she is dealing with this complication and I just pray that she does not feel hunger!! Thinking of you always!!

Tricia said...

Hi Debbie,
I am glad to hear that Hannah and you will soon be moving back to your familiar stomping grounds. I say a prayer everyday for your little princess. I check your site everyday to see how Hannah is doing. I think of you often and pray that Hannah is back to her old self soon.
Tricia

Curt, Pam, Ryan and Carissa said...

I have been reading your posting most every day and pray for God's protection and healing of dear Hannah and also for little Lilly. This has to be the hardest thing you have ever gone through but God is in control and His timing is perfect (we both can attest to this now that we have our beautiful Hunan girls home with us).

Cheryl said...

so sorry to hear that you're in another hospital! I don't remember what day Lindsay was talking to Hannah on the phone, but I thought she was at home. We are praying for you all. Please email or call if there's anything I can do to help.
Isaiah 40:28-31 The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary and young men stumble and fall, but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Christy said...

We are all lifting hannah up in our prayers. Most of PFB is lifting her up as well as so many around the world. I cant wait till your back at Fontana. It is just close to home and feels more normal-- even to us who are not having to make the drive. We will specifically pray about the hunger and the complications and that her marrow will kick into gear soon.

Our prayers are with you!

Christy :)

Anonymous said...

I haven't checked in since Thursday because my computer was down. It's hard to believe everything that has happened in a few days! We are praying for you! I wasn't able to eat for 2 weeks when Monica was born. I wasn't hungry but I had an INTENSE craving for McDonald's french fries. Debbie, when I grow up I want to be just like your mom.

this is us said...

Oh - I'm so sorry about the not eating! Jaso has had her esophagus perforate and has had to go without eating while it healed (which is miserable, of course, cause there are so many times she can't eat anyway). Honestly, that has many times been harder for her than any actual pain. I will be PRAYING for Hannah to be at peace during this wait for food and that her intestines would heal quickly!!!! And that your heart would be at peace and that God would give you the super-natural energy you need each day to distract and entertain and comfort! A friend reminded me recently that God wants LESS of us and MORE of Him - I will pray that He is giving you MORE and MORE of Him so that you need less and less of yourself to get through each day! Loads of love to you, Jim, Hannah and Lily!!!!

The Common Sense Express said...

Deb & Sandra
Know you are all in our prayers andwe love your blog.

Unknown said...

Uugghhh...still praying! Anything special you think she'd like to receive?

misty said...

Debbie,

Just wanted you to know that we are all thinking of you in IL. and praying nonstop daily. Tell your mom she is an AWESOME grandma. Having grandma around probally helps alot. Take care

Hugs from Il.,

Misty

stephanie said...

Hannah you truly are a Super-girl!! You are soo strong and so brave! We are praying for you constantly & wishing you healing thoughts. One day at a time!! Love from NJ, Stephanie