We are still camped out at Kaiser in Los Angeles on Sunset Blvd. Hannah was up & down a lot last night so we both caught up on some sleep today. I finally got up for good around 2pm -- thankfully, my Mom had been here for hours helping Hannah get back & forth to the bathroom while I slept. Jim is in Oregon for work & will be back tomorrow. Lily is still camped out at Aunt Kim's .. we haven't seen her since last Thursday & our hearts are breaking without our precious girl!!!!!!!!! Tonight Hannah & I looked at pictures & videos on my laptop of our precious Lily. I can't wait until we are back at Fontana & we can be closer.
Hannah's doctors said that once she slows down on the morphine, we will be sent back to Fontana. Dr. Horvath came from Fontana today and was bearing gifts from the staff back at Kasier Fontana. I seriously cannot believe Hannah's doctor would drive all the way to LA to check up on her & bring presents!?! Wow. The care that Hannah is receiving is just amazing.
I had a talk tonight in the hall with the GI Specialist & he said that Typhlitis can take months to clear up. What?!?!? I wasn't expecting to hear that. He isn't predicting that Hannah's will take that long to clear up but he said "it could". I can just take one day at a time. One day at a time. One day at a time. I can't imagine months of this .. months of nutrition through an IV & months of managing Hannah's pain!?! Oh my goodness.
To top things off, this evening Hannah & I had on the TV on when a commercial came on for ViaCord. It was Mia Hamm talking on the commercial about her belief in preserving cord blood because her brother died from complications of Aplastic Anemia!?! Yes, she actually said that as Hannah & I were watching. My heart stopped. Thank God, Hannah did not catch exactly what she had said ... thank you, Lord! Please, Lord, just continue to protect her little heart from any fear from this illness she has!!!!
Sitting on the potty tonight, Hannah asked me, "When we get out of the hospital can we celebrate with cake?" I just started crying & said, "Yes, Hannah -- we can have any kind of cake you want!!" Oh my goodness .. how is my Hannah so sick?!
God is so good & we are trusting Him for all we need each day and begging Him for Hannah's healing.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Kaiser Sunset Room 766
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
This must be so hard I can not even imagine how torn your heart must be right now. Hannah is an extremely lucky little girl to have such a great family. She is so amazing how she is handling all of this. I can promise you my kids would not be such troopers. She must have a very positive mom to keep her spirits high. Have a wonderful day and I will continue to pray for healing.
Hi there Hannah,
I really am praying hard for you to start feeling much better pain free!!! Jacob says Hi ;O)
Debbie, I hope you are hanging in there! You know what would be a blessing...during this time you are told Hannah's bone marrow starts to work. Hopefully Jim will get the mail from today before he heads down to the hospital :o)
You are in my prayers and thoughts,
Melisa
Faith means being grasped by a power that is greater than we are,a power that shakes us and turns us, and transforms and heals us.
~Melisa~
I read the cake part with tears..as a mom that is just heartbreaking. My prayers are with all of you daily.
Hugs
I don't know Diana but I'm crying too about the cake. When I was in the hospital for 2 weeks after Monica was born I said to myself: When I get outta here I'm buying myself a KitchenAid Mixer! And I did! Wish I could mail you a cake. Don't think bubble wrap would work :)
I continue to keep all of you in my prayers. Sending lots of hugs to room 766!!!
Post a Comment