Wednesday, February 25, 2009

DAY #72

Well, Hannah & I slept until noon. I really couldn't believe we had slept that late. We were up & down for potty breaks because of all the crazy amount of fluids that she gets through her IV but overall it was a great night of sleep. I didn't see the doctor today (we slept through rounds .. ooops!) so I guess I will find out tomorrow if there are any real changes. Otherwise, Hannah's numbers are better than back when all of this started. Today her ANC was 2,253. White Blood Cell count was 3.1, Hemoglobin 8.8, Platelets 76. Her numbers are still far from normal but at least her white blood cells are responding to the Nupegin she is getting through her IV every other day.

Today is day #72 in a hospital room since December 1st ... but who is counting!?! Me, I guess. I got out a calendar last night & actually counted!! I had to go back to my blog to remember the details of the last few months ... good thing for this journal of my life. Otherwise, I think all of this would just become a big blur in my mind (well, it actually already has!).

Hannah kept busy today with tap dancing, running with her IV pole in the hall, crafting, watching movies & seeing some of my friends that came by ... and not to forget, seeing Lily with Aunt Kim!!

We had Nurse Vicki today & can I just say, THANK YOU!!! Vicki, I know you read this blog (hello from room #1303!!). We are so grateful for your good care of Hannah whenever you are assigned to her (and me!). Being in this situation has been a million times better by all the wonderful nurses we have here, like yourself ...know that you truly make a huge difference in the lives of others ... and Hannah loves that you giggle at everything she does! Words are just inadequate to express my thanks!!

Being on this floor we have met many different families. I have mentioned a sweet 10 year old boy, Chance, in the past. Please pray for him as he is most likely going to have a very sophisticated treatment at City of Hope. Specifically, please pray for his tumor to shrink!!! He is such a sweet boy. His mom and I bonded a lot while they were here this past week. They were in the room next to us so in many ways I felt like I was back to life in a dorm - unfortunately the "dorm situation" here is very different. But we both strive to just make the absolute best of things for our kids. I do crafts. She picks ups Nerf darts from the floor all day long. Whatever it takes!

OK, please pray for Hannah's intestines to continue to heal & that she will be OK when the antibiotics slow down & she is able to start back on food (at least another week). Also, please specifically pray for her attitude as some different friends of mine are lined up to come be here with her so that I can get out a bit each day. She doesn't know this is going to start tomorrow night but at this point, for my sanity, this is a necessity!!

Thank you for the constant stream of love & encouragement we receive through phone calls, cards, texts, emails, meals, gifts & comments.

Sunja -- thank you for coming to cut Hannah's hair -- it looks so cute!!!!
Mr. Chris -- thank you for coming!
Wendy, Jenna & Mrs. Smits -- great to see you all!! Hannah is so happy that her picture is going to be shown to "all the kindergartner kids!"
Kim -- ALWAYS great to have you here!! I know Hannah is going to love her surprise sleepover with you, once she gets over the shock that Mommy is not sleeping here that night!?!

"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."
Romans 8:28

AMEN!!! We know God is using all this for His good purposes ... even if we don't understand or know why.

1 comment:

Christy said...

It is so funny to read your blog and minus all the medical numbers etc. you would totally think Hannah is at a summer camp tap dancing, dancing in the halls and just hanging out watching movies. You would never in a million years think this little girl was in a hospital hooked up to IV's. WOW!!! But, with that said, she is such a trooper as well has her brave mommy and daddy and sister. It is amazing the outpouring of support and love. Your thankyou list says it all.

Prayer and Hugs!!

Christy :)