
Yes, we are still home!!! I slept all day on Sunday until an hour into the Super Bowl. My mom & Jim did enjoy the game except it was bitter sweet for my Mom because she is a huge Philadelphia Eagles fan!!
Hannah is doing well and I am SO pleased to report that (thanks to the prompting of my Mom) I have been able to get Hannah off of ALL pills!!! I emailed the NIH & they dropped a medication that is not ultra-necessary and the last pill is going to be switched to liquid form when we go to the clinic tomorrow. Hallelujah!!! She still has to have a shot every other day to help with her white blood cell count but besides that we are doing so much better with all of the issues we were having!!!! I feel so much less stress here at home since we are not playing "take the pills" every evening!!!!
The pictures are from our time on Saturday at Victoria Gardens. We walked around for a tiny bit -- it was such a beautiful day!!! 76 degrees & perfect~! We went on a carriage ride around the mall & Hannah just loved it! I was sooo happy that all of us were able to do that together! After the carriage ride, Hannah took some pictures of the horse all on her own - so cute! :-)
Tomorrow (Tuesday), 2/3, we go back to the clinic. I am very curious how Hannah's numbers are holding up.
Today my cleaning lady came & cleaned for FREE because she is so wonderful & knows what we are going through. This is the 2nd time she has done this in the past month ... just incredible! The blessings & kindness of so many just never ceases to amaze my heart!
I was telling my mom how bad I felt that I have not sent out thank you notes to soooooooooooo many people. She told me to just relax & that people are not expecting a thank you note (you aren't?) Please know that I (we all) appreciate the kindness, gifts, love, meals, caring, cards, calls, texts, cakes, flowers, gardening, etc. I am so very thankful to the Lord for the amazing community of people He has brought into our lives & surrounded us with for this road we are walking. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!! (Now, I'll go back to not feeling guilty about those thank you notes....at least until next month when I have PMS again!)
Please keep praying for Hannah's bone marrow to respond & come back full force!! Hannah's "home teacher" is coming tomorrow at 4:30pm. Please pray that Hannah will connect well & be excited to meet with her brand new teacher each week.
All God's best from Mi Casa!!!!



4 comments:
Since Hannah has been in the hospital I have done a lot of research on being a hospital/home teacher. I always thought I would be in a classroom, but this has really opened my eyes to new ideas! I hope she enjoys her teacher! And I am so happy to see you all together! Love ya!
Hello!! I'm Jennifer and I found your blog through the adoption community. I am 22 and too young to adopt but I want to when I am older. I'm also a brand new RN and am also I interested in Hannahs story. I would like to send her some activities to have fun with along with being educational. I wanted to be a teacher for a long time so I really enjoy making them. I'll also send y'all the activity book and hannah can learn to make them herself. They are file folder games. Do you think she would enjoy playing with those?
Hannah, it's so nice to see you walking around with your lil sis. We are so happy that you are feeling better!
Is Lily sending a little wink in that picture? So cute!!
Yippie, no more pills! Do you know my Taylor is 11 and can't take a pill. We know how you must have felt! She's happy no more pills for you!
Stay well :)
Love to you!
xoxox
Tracey & Taylor
Debbeie,
Sooooooooo glad you are all home together again. I hope Hannah continues to improve. I hope she likes her teacher. Justin couldn't swallow pills till he was 14 lol. Tell Hannah I love her and still praying daily for her. Take care and enjoy your home.
Misty
Post a Comment