Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day



It felt like Christmas today! I was blown away by all the cards & gifts that Hannah received -- wow, wow, wow! Thank you to everyone that remembered Hannah in such a kind way!!!!!

Hannah got sick to her stomach today out of no where ... we had just walked in the hall for a bit with Lily so I don't know if it was just too much activity for her. Besides that, she has been feeling better & has cut way back on the amount of morphine she needs. She is no longer on the morphine drip so that is an improvement from when we were at Kaiser Sunset. Her blood counts are doing ok but she is still requiring blood & platelet transfusions about twice a week. She still isn't allowed to eat or drink anything and tonight I know it really made her sad to have passed up all the Valentine candy ... but it is all waiting for her when she is better.

I am so tired right now ... last night we had fun with our Lily-sleepover but I didn't sleep well at all. Hannah slept great and Lily slept ok ... so that is all that really matters! I had a migraine & didn't have any medication to take .. even over the counter stuff.


Today I left the hospital for several hours. My parents took Lily out for sushi & shopping while I napped. Then the girl that does my hair came to my house & did my hair (for free, by the way!?!?!) I truly was not expecting that! Cut, color, highlights & style. Can I just say: THANK YOU, ALLIE!!! You have become such a dear friend over these years & I am so thankful for the gift you gave to me today!!! Truly, a gift that will keep on giving ... well, at least until the gray hairs start winning the battle all over again. :-) THANK YOU!


"For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, neither height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39

On this Valentines Day, may you know the LOVE that God has for you 24/7/365!!! His love is never ending!

1 comment:

misty said...

Hey Debbie,

Happy belated valentines day! I bet you felt better after your knew hair style. Tell Hannah chocolate never goes bad, and when she does feel better she will enjoy the chocolate even more. = )

Misty