Monday, February 23, 2009

Tap Dancing Girl


Hannah has been enjoying new tap shoes & entertaining everyone that comes through the hallway on the Peds Unit. She prefers to tap in the hall. She says the sound is better on that floor (even though it is the same as our room just a different color flooring?!) She has me crank up the music on my laptop so she can dance her little heart out to "Double Dutch Bus" by Raven Simone & some Cheetah Girls music. It is so cute & I am sooo thankful she has the energy & spirit to be dancing away .... while attached to 3 separate IV machines.

Hannah doesn't know this yet, but Aunt Kim made arrangements with a dance teacher from our church to come teach her some tap moves. She will be coming on Saturday morning to the hospital. I know Hannah will LOVE it!!! Especially a one-on-one tutoring class for tap dance!!!

I didn't post last night because I took 2 sleeping pills & slept from 8pm - 11am. We were up numerous times for trips to the potty but overall I slept like a mad-woman. Hannah let me sleep in the evening while she hung out in the hall with some of the nurses ... and tap danced for them. It was a real gift she gave me by letting me sleep!!!! I have been wiped out the past 2 days or so. Last night I was so weepy feeling like I am doing such a bad job being a fun mom for Hannah. After a good night of sleep, I feel so much better ... thank you, Lord!!!!!

I talked to one of the Oncology / Hematology doctors this morning & he said Hannah will have to stay another week to three weeks. An infectious disease specialist says that Hannah needs to remain "NPO" (no food or drink) & on the IV anti-biotics for a total of 4 - 6 weeks. Since this Thursday will be 3 weeks since NPO & IV anti-biotics started, that gives us for sure another week or 3 weeks of living at the hospital on this visit. I am gearing up for 3 weeks ... anything less than that will be a pleasant surprise!!! I am so ready to be home .. all four of us together ... not to mention sleeping in my own bed & enjoying a TV that has Fox News!! :-) The hospital has CNN -- OY! Need I say more?!

7 comments:

Erika said...

FYI: I'm gonna need to see some tap dancing on Thursday!

Erika said...

FYI: I'm gonna need to see some tap dancing on Thursday!

Erika said...

FYI: I'm gonna need to see some tap dancing on Thursday!

Anonymous said...

Debbie, if I hear you even mention again that you feel bad for not being a fun mom for Hannah ... I will personally drive down there just to slap you !!!

Much love ;>

misty said...

Go Hannah! YOU ARE THE DANCING QUEEN! Hey Deb you should get some tap shoes and put on a show for the peds unit. =-) I'm sure the nurses would like it. Or maybe you and Hannah could just make up your own dance routine.

Take care,

Misty

misty said...

Go Hannah! YOU ARE THE DANCING QUEEN! Hey Deb you should get some tap shoes, and then you and Hannah could make up your own routine. I'm sure the nurses will like that. = )

Take Care,

Misty

Christy said...

Ugggg CNN?? How can anyone live without their Fox news!!

Hannah is just an amazing little girl with one amazing spirit. Tap dancing for the nurses-- what fun!! Glad you slept as much as you did and we continue to pray for you all to get home.

Hugs,

Christy :)