After going to bed around 3AM, we were awaken around 8AM with the nurse telling us we were headed downstairs to have Hannah's PIC line placed. Even though it was early in the morning, for us, I was very excited to have this procedure done!!! Hannah went under sedation at 9:20 & was in recovery room by 10:30.
A very kind nurse, Lindsay, from the Peds unit came all the way downstairs to change Hannah's port needle while she was under sedation. This saved Hannah so much stress since it was done while she was sound asleep. Thank you, Lindsay, for your incredible care for my Hannah!!!!! There really are not enough words to thank the many nurses that show so much care, love, kindness & compassion for my daughter. What would I be doing if the nurses didn't care? I know ... I'd be losing my mind!
We are now back in the room on the 7th floor and Hannah is resting in the bed! This is the first time since we have been here that she is actually in the bed!!
Hannah's main doctor here just came by and gave us the green light to move back to our Home Away From Home: Kaiser Fontana. The charge nurse is working on arranging our limousine, well, make that an ambulance but we will just call it a limousine. It probably won't happen until very late tonight but we don't care .. just get us closer to home!!!!!
Thursday, February 12, 2009
PIC Line Is Done
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
JUMPING FOR JOY!!! That is what I am doing for you guys, I know Hannah will just love the pick line, no poking, at least not in that port. Praying for Hannahs recovery and a safe trip back :o)
Melisa
Hi Debbie,
So glad to hear the good news. I am thrilled that you can be back in Fontana and closer to Lily and Jim. Hannah and your entire family are in our prayers. Enjoy your "limo" ride. Hannah is so lucky to have a fun mom like you. :) Your positive outlook on things is what is keeping a smile on her face. You both are such an example!
Love,
Stephanie
What wonderful news!!!!!!!!!!!! Safe travels.
Good news!!!!!!!!!!!
So glad to read the news!!! Enjoy the limo ride to your "home away from home"! Love, Inge
Post a Comment