This is Debbie -- I have not slept all night. We were transferred by ambulance last night from Kaiser Fontana to Kaiser Sunset in Los Angeles. Right now we are in the Pediatric ICU for observation. We will be moved to a private room when it becomes available.
Hannah's ultrasound last night showed something called, "Typhlitis". On the advice of my mother I am not googling Typhlitis ... basically it is an inflammation of the intestines but besides that I don't know all that much. Hannah's counts are still very low even though they are better than they had been in the weeks past. Her condition is very serious -- to be honest, this whole thing is such a shock to me because on Wednesday she was dancing to Shania Twain, had school for over an hour & played with her sister all day, saw friends that live across the street... it was just a normal day!!! She has not had a fever so when she woke up on Thursday with major pain I just thought it was a side effect from the medication she is taking.
It is just hard to imagine that after 8 great days at home we are back on the "hospital roller coaster" for at least a week -- if not longer.
Right now we are at a hospital about 50 miles from home so it will be a much bigger challenge taking "shifts" here at the hospital. We are so far from home that until Hannah is much more comfortable I won't be leaving at all. My mom & I are both here at the hospital & Jim will come this morning (I insisted he get some sleep at home!)
Please pray Hannah's intestines clear up ... she is really in a lot of pain when her abdomen cramps ... even if she has morphine in her system and she has A LOT of morphine in her system!!!
Friday, February 6, 2009
Is This For Real?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Prayers are coming your way. Love and hugs, Inge
Hi Debbie and Hannah,
I want you to know I am praying for each of you all the way in South Carolina.I have followed your blog for a few weeks, but I have to posted comments. I have prayed daily for your entire family. Please know you all will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. I pray for strength for each of you, love to surround you , and clarity of mind as you are faced with this new chapter along your journey.
Blesssings to you all,
Cindy
South Carolina
OH Debbie & Hannah, I am so sorry to here this. We were transfered suddenly like that before, they thought Jacob was going to CRASH :o( I know how scary that was for you. Why are children!?!? Why can't they be healthy, we just want to be living "normal" healthy lives!! If you need to talk call me. My prayers are with you guys, Stay strong!!
Melisa
PS....Jacobs wants to send more hearts Hannah's way :o)
Debbie and family,
Prayers and warm thoughts from OH. Every night at bedtime, my husband, little girl Abby and I pray for Hannah in CA...we will keep on keepin on! Just remember, God is good.
Wendy in OH
We are so lifting you guys up in prayer. I am so sorry for all this and I will specifically pray for the pain to let up.
You are in our prayer.
Christy
Dear Debbie and Family, Especially Hannah,
Please remember God is with you every step of the way...have faith!
My thoughts and prayers are with you all.
Love,
Anna
Post a Comment