Friday, February 6, 2009

Here in ICU

Hannah has been resting on & off .... right now she is sleeping with the morphine release button in her hand.

We met with the GI Specialist & it was shocking to hear him discuss with us the severity of this complication. They are going to do a CT Scan with contrast this evening to try to see more of what is going on inside of Hannah's intestines. The doctor spoke very frankly with us that Hannah's situation is very, very, very serious. I don't remember if he used the words "life threatening" but that is what he was talking about. I honestly can't believe this after the good week we have just had. I asked the dr. if I missed some sign of Hannah's complication & he said no way. Her body isn't presenting signs of infection like it normally would. Normally she'd have a fever from something like this but because her body is so immuno-suppressed she doesn't show signs of illness the same way she normally would. She hasn't even had a fever and here we are sitting in ICU being told how sick she is!?!!

I just got off the phone with my sisters & was reminded to just take one step at a time. The Lord is the lamp unto my feet -- for today & for this step right here, right now. Thank you, Lord, that you are faithful ... even when nothing is making sense.

19 comments:

Chelley said...

Holding you in my heart and prayers

Cindy and Scott said...

Hi Debbie,

Please know I am praying for you this very minute.

Blessings,
Cindy
South Carolina

Jenny Birch said...

We are praying for you. We feel very heartbroken for what you have been going through. We will pray for sleep for your family and relief for Hannah.

Love,
Jenny

Willie and Brenda said...

Debbie and Jim,
Know we are praying for you and Hannah. . .for rest and healing. Though we can't begin to know what you're feeling, HE feels your every worry and tear- and HE is faithful. We love you,

Brenda and Willie

Willie and Brenda said...

Debbie and Jim,
Know we are praying for you and Hannah. . .for rest and healing. Though we can't begin to know what you're feeling, HE feels your every worry and tear- and HE is faithful. We love you,

Brenda and Willie

Willie and Brenda said...

Debbie and Jim,
Know we are praying for you and Hannah. . .for rest and healing. Though we can't begin to know what you're feeling, HE feels your every worry and tear- and HE is faithful. We love you,

Brenda and Willie

Inge said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Blessings,Inge

Samantha said...

I'm praying for Hannah and for your whole family.

Fagel said...

I woke up at 3:30 AM our time and prayed for Hannah for a long time. Until 6:30 AM I only had a few cat-naps, during which I dreamed about her, woke often and prayed constantly. I am thinking of Lamentations 3, and praying that you will hold fast to the unceasing, steadfast love of the Lord and his mercies, new every morning.

Lilly said...

Praying with all my heart the God will bring you peace and comfort in yet, another bump on the road to recovery. Hang in ther!

Mac said...

Praying for Hannah and will continue to. Give Hannah hugs and kisses from a family in Indiana that is thinking of her.

Miriam said...

I woke up at 3 and was praying for Hannah for a long time. Love you!!

Robin Harris (ICE Coordinator) said...

Bill and I have just now prayed for you all once again, and are so concerned. The ICE Board is praying for you guys too; we love you and wish so much we were there to just give you lots of hugs.

DiJo said...

"BE STRONG AND COURAGEOUS...."

Praying for you. I know this is overwhelming. You CAN do this. Hang on to the hope that you know!!!!

Great big hugs from Northern Minnesota today!

~Diana

Samaniego be strong & courageous said...

Gold must pass through fire
to achieve its ultimate beauty.
Diamonds only become brilliant
over time and under great pressure.
it is the times that try us most
that shape us, define us,
and bring us closer.

I hope Hannah is feeling better this morning.

Sending love ~
Melisa

Camille said...

Debbie-

A friend just told me that her sister lives close to the hospital if you need a place to crash and/or "change shifts." Let me know if you want to get in contact with her. We love you and are praying.

stephanie said...

Debbie, I'm so very sorry to hear about Hannah's set back. Please know that we think of her & your family evryday. She is such a brave girl!! We are praying soo hard for her little body to be well again!! Love & prayers from NJ, Stephanie

katrina said...

I am praying for your family

Katrina

t~ said...

You are in my prayers, I am thinking of you and hoping everything is well. All my love.