Hannah's blood count numbers are about the same still super low. Her white blood cells are at .5; platelets are 34; hemoglobin is 9.1.
Hannah can have blood donated specifically donated for her! If any of you are an "A+" blood type and live here in the local area, please let me know via email: eriksenvp at gmail dot com We can get special forms from Kaiser to have you come to Fontana to donate and then have it prepared & stored specifically for Hannah's transfusions. How cool is that?
Hannah might look just like her daddy but she's got my entrepreneurial gene. She is on the brink of starting a mini-business from her hospital room ... not kidding! Someone gave her a craft kit for making pot holders ( I can't remember who gave it to her but thank you!!). She started making her first one & decided she wanted to auction it off on my blog. Great idea, right? A Pediatric Cardiologist came into the room yesterday while Hannah was finishing up. I held it up & told him we were going to auction it off & start the bidding at $1. I asked him how much he'd pay for a pot holder like the one Hannah was working on. He immediately said "$100". Hannah & I agreed not to auction it off but to just sell it to him!! :-) He came back today to complete the transaction with a fresh $100 bill in his hands!!!! Hannah was over the moon -- she even took a nap with the $100 bill tucked in her little hand :-)! The doctor told me later that he went 1/2 & 1/2 with Hannah's favorite nurse, Nurse Jacque. Can you imagine the generosity of these wonderful people here at the hospital?! I mean, really!!
I think I have mentioned that the food here is H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E! Well, today I took Hannah's "lunch", if you want to call it that, down to the head guy here at the hospital. He wasn't in today so I met with the Assistant Hospital Administrator. I was so glad to get to see someone because obviously the people in that office are NOT eating the food that is being served to the patients. Truly, I think prison food is better ... well, I don't really know that but I can't imagine it is worse! Everything else with Kaiser is wonderful so seriously something needs to change with the food. Anyway, the administrator actually did a real taste test of Hannah's "roasted turkey & vegetables". She definitely agreed that it wasn't the kind of food her 8 year old granddaughter would like so she took action & brought the person who runs the food service to visit with Hannah and find out what kind of things she wants to eat. Plus, I heard back from someone else in food service that a Mrs. Field's cookie will be on Hannah's tray for lunch & dinner every day .. how funny! There is a long way to go but hopefully today was a first step for the food to be seriously improved for the kids here!
Hannah is learning so much in the medical field. Tonight she did 3 sets of vital signs on herself for the nurse -- you should see her working the blood pressure machine & then sitting back in the bed to "relax" so the blood pressure reading will be accurate . Tonight she got to give herself Morphine. I think we might have a nurse in the making :-)
She had a great visit today with Pastor Lois -- thank you, Lois, for coming & for bringing treats galore for my little one ... and for me :-)! We are so blessed to be a part of the PFB community. Truly, we won the lottery with churches!!!
Thank you, Lord, for the great day with Hannah & for time tonight at home with Lily. She was as sweet as pie!!!! It is such a joy to see her, rock her & just be together. Never did I imagine life would be like this right now but You give good gifts each day. Thank you, Lord, for the wonderful ladies that cleaned my house today ... even changed the sheets in the guest room for when my parents arrive on Sunday! I am just amazed at the kindness of others.
"I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." - Psalm 27:13 & 14
Saturday, January 17, 2009
$100 Bill
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Dear Hannak's mum
Please could you tell Hannah that we are thinking about her nad hoping that she gets better soon. Eric the cat has been in the animal hospital this week, he has had 8 teeth out so tell Hannah to be careful or else they may take her teeth out if they can't find her 'plastic'.
Lots of love for Hannah from her friends Sophie and Ginger
xxxxxx
Hey - I'm up here in the SF Bay Area around about a bazillion Kaiser facilities. I'm also A+ blood type.
Can I donate here and have Kaiser ship it to Fontana?????????????
Would do it in a heartbeat...let me know!
kmcallister911 at mac dot com
Hi Debbie,
This is Lindsey Woods the volunteer from Kaiser. I just found your blog and noticed that Hannah's blood is A+. I am also an A+ blood type, and I was wondering if you still needed more donations. I hope Hannah is doing well.
Best wishes,
Lindsey
Post a Comment