Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Did an Inauguration Just Happen?

I know it might seem like the whole world just stopped to see the inauguration but here in the hospital it was just a regular day - whatever that is when your bone marrow has gone on a hike! Hannah had a better day & I got home to spend lots of time with Lily. We even napped together for about 3 hours in my bed at home ..aaaahhh!!!!

I know a lot of you are looking for information about donating blood for Hannah -- thank you. Not much information just yet -- sorry!!
I am working on coordinating things but I just haven't had time to get things together. I have asked for the forms about 5 times but have never received them. I just emailed my friend, Alan, that works here in the hospital to see if he can help coordinate things ... and maybe even see if we can just do a blood drive for Hannah so everyone can give at once & in one central location. Don't think I am ignoring all of you that want to give blood -- it will just take a bit to coordinate. All of Hannah's potential donors have to first be blood matched & get CMV clearance. You must be CMV Negative for Hannah to be able to get your blood. Regardless, I am hoping we can do a big blood drive & get blood for Hannah & for many others!! Believe me, your blood is a gift to anyone that needs it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hannah's temperature has been between 99 - 101.2 all day /evening. Her doctor is on top of everything & is adding some more medicines to fight whatever infections are going on. I am so grateful that I was able to leave today without Hannah crying. Her emotions seem much better today -- so thank you for praying!! Keep praying!! Last night she made a bunch of pictures for her sister -- one of them said, "To Lily- the best sister EVER". It was so cute!

Hannah told me about 40 times tonight, "I love you, Mommy." It makes every moment worth it to hear that over & over -- thank you, Hannah :-)!!!!

If I remember correctly, Corrie ten Boom said, "there is no pit too deep that God's love isn't deeper." We are in the pit of Aplastic Anemia right now but truly God's love is deeper & His strength is right here at every moment in this pit!

My college roommate, a cancer survivor, sent me these verses this evening -- I will leave you with these:

Psalm 55:22 (NKJV)
"Cast your burden on the Lord,
And He shall sustain you;
He shall never permit the righteous to be moved."

Psalm 92:1-2
"It is good to give thanks to the Lord, and to sing praises to Your name, O Most High; To declare Your loving kindness in the morning, and Your faithfulness every night."

2 comments:

Samaniego be strong & courageous said...

Hi there Debbie and Hannah,
I am glad you are feeling better.
But of course you all want off this GIANT YO YO :o/ Hey I had already looked into the blood drive for Jacob, I was told San Bernardino Blood bank is there supplier, Make sure on that. But any way you need to contact the blood back and set it up through them and all donations are for Hannah. That is the best way.
My prayers are with you,
Melisa
www.caringbridge.org/visit/jacobshope

judigirl said...

Debbie and Hannah!
Hello from Hernando MS! I do not know you, but I follow your blog and am So concerned about Hannah. I am posting this because I want to help. I have A+ blood and the girls where I donate blood say i have "Baby Blood". Not sure what that means, but I am registered to donate to children through Lebonheur and St Jude, in case of an emergency for a child. I will be keeping my eyes open for how to donate to Hannah. If possible to do it from here and have it shipped or Fed Ex'd, that is what I am going to do.
I say a prayer for you daily.
Oh yeah, I have been on the bone marrow registry for over 20 years. Have never gotten that call, but if it comes, I am there.

Judi Zummach
Hernando,MS