Saturday, January 17, 2009

Blood Donations & Numbers Today

I just found out that the blood donations for Hannah can only be made here at the blood bank at Kaiser Fontana. No out-of-area donations can be made specifically for Hannah. I have to get donation forms for the Hannah's blood donations -- please make sure you get a form from me before you come down to Kaiser. I should have them by Monday. A nurse administrator is working on it for me. I will post here on the blog once I have the forms.

Today has been good but Hannah is still fighting fever of just over 100. She has a sore in her mouth that is causing her pain. Mouth kind of sores are totally normal with Aplastic Anemia ... just no fun. She is getting to know a lot of the pain meds that Kaiser has to offer. :-)

Kim came to hang out with Hannah today while Jim & I got to be with Lily! It was an absolutely beautiful day so it was nice to leave the hospital and just be away for a few hours. Hannah & Kim had a fun time being together!

There was an error in my blog last night -- her white blood cells yesterday were .3 not .5 ! Today her white blood cells are .2 and platelets are 19. She is just about to get a platelet transfusion right now. I am hoping we get a good night of sleep since last night we literally had an all night party and I don't think either of us slept enough today after being up until 6am. Yes, I know .. we are crazy girls!! It is strange though how all the hours just run together in this place. It could be 8am right now for all I know!?!

I am trusting the Lord with my Hannah & I know that He has her (and our) absolute best interests at heart!!! In the meantime, please keep praying for her bone marrow to begin waking up.

We get many comments on the blog but one yesterday in particular really made Hannah's heart especially happy: Brooke said, "You have a very special little girl. When I read about Hannah's quote I wanted to cry. I haven't been loving the life that Jesus gave me but I am going to start right now. Please let Hannah know that she has changed a life." Wow. Brooke, thanks for sharing your heart -- your kind words truly gave an extra boost to Hannah's heart.

I am so tired right now & I know I haven't responded to so many people so instead of doing emails, here goes:

1) Melisa S. --- I got your message & I am sorry for not being able to call you back. Hannah was hoping Jacob would have been here on the unit for his Friday appointment ... maybe they can go to the Kaiser Prom together this summer?! :-) I saw that he is coming back for chemo sooner rather than later. I am praying for your precious boy ... and for your strength!!! (a note to others -- pray for sweet Jacob -- he & Hannah rang in the New Year, so to speak, this year. He is receiving treatment for Lukemia....such a sweet 6 year old boy!!!)

2) Brenda S. -- My parents are renting a car but thanks for your offer!! And dinner at the house would be great even though they don't get in until late at night ... we will all enjoy it!

3) Kathleen G. - I got your voicemail .. thanks, friend!!! I love you!!

4) Lynne R. -- Love you, love you, love you ... and muchas gracias!!!

I can't remember anything else right now .. it is sooo past time for me to go to bed!

All God's best from Kaiser Camp Hannah --

1 comment:

Samaniego be strong & courageous said...

Ohhhhhh........Debbie you make me cry like a baby, thank you for your prayer shout out :o) Can you just imagine out two little ones going to the prom together :o) Just too cute, and just think about the pic's we would have LOL Hannah, mom & dad remember stay strong!! HOPE STRENGTH & COURAGE; what keeps us going!
Keeping you in our prayers,
Melisa
www.caringbridge.org/visit/jacobshope