The party over here continues .. no wonder Hannah loves being at the hospital. I feel like we live on the Space Station in many ways because our sleep schedule is so completely upside down. Of course, what does it really matter? It is not like she is getting up for school or anything. The most important thing to me is that she has many wonderful memories from her time in the hospital & let's just say -- she will!!
Today went much better with the pills because some how the doctor switched one of her main medications to liquid form. Thank you to everyone that posted suggestions on how to help her with the pills. I know I will be using those tricks in the days ahead because she still has to take a few pills a day. It is huge that her main medication is now in a liquid form. The liquid medication is put into Apple Juice & she has done great drinking it... thank you, Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hannah is over the top excited with the bidding that is going on for her pot holder. Seriously, people -- I was thinking it would sell for about $10 -- instead, the current bid is at $75 -- hello crazy, blog readers!!!?!?!
Hannah's numbers are better today. Her ANC is up to 292. Her white blood cell count is at .7; platelets 48; Hemoglobin 8.0 She is still running temperatures into the 100 range. I don't think she will be sent home until her temp. stays under 100 for a bit. I am hoping we can go home early in the week but that is just what I am thinking about...I haven't heard anything from the doctors.
It has been so wonderful to have my parents here ... how did I ever win the lottery with my parents???!!?! I have no idea but they are amazingly supportive in every single way!!
My mom, Kim & I are going to get massages tomorrow afternoon (thank you, Joyce, for my gift card!). Hannah & I are planning for a "girls sleepover" tomorrow night with Lily!! Fun, fun!!! The pack n play is going to be set up right next to my bed & I can't wait!!! :-)
I have to give a huge shout out to my Sunday School class, "Fusion", from Pomona First Baptist Church -- you guys are so awesome!!! Thank you for all of your support. Prayer -- meals -- gifts and endless love!! We are so blessed by each of you. Thank you for all the awesome meals. It has been great even for my parents to have the meals brought since they are helping us in so many ways. My mom doesn't need to think about cooking dinners, so, thank you! Jason & Brenda - the cupcakes you sent in for Hannah to share with the other kids on the floor were a HUGE, HUGE, HUGE hit!! You have no idea!!! She even brought your cupcakes to give out to the technicians in the CT Scan area. I don't think it is very often that the guys in CT Scan have cupcakes brought to them :-)
I am thankful to the Lord for all He has done to sustain us in every way on this journey and for the very joyful heart He has given to my Hannah. She is such a treasure and even though we are "stuck" in this hospital room, I enjoy each moment (well, not when it is pill taking time) with her. One of the nurses & I were talking the other day & I said to her, "what's to be depressed about? I am not in a funeral home." Even though this is by far not the best of life's circumstances, God gives us joy on a very dark road. God is certainly the fortress for my heart -- without Him I'd be a complete basket case 24/7.
Please continue to pray for Hannah's healing ... I keep thinking about her back in the swimming pool one day enjoying life as a "normal" kid!
All God's best from Kaiser Fontana --
P.S. Thank you for praying for AJ -- he has completed day #3 of ATG treatment & he is not having as many side effects as he did on his first day of treatment. He has one more day left and then he starts waiting, like Hannah, to see if his body responds to the treatment. Pray for his healing & for his family as they journey this tough road.
Thanks so much, everyone!
Saturday, January 24, 2009
3:20AM & We Just Started Another Movie!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Hi, Debbie.
I have just begun to read your blog, and I have to say that you, my dear, are a wonderful mother!
I am cmv negative and also e negative. I am available after March 21 to donate blood or marrow for Hannah. Love Connie
GOOOOO Hannah, keep those numbers climbing so you can get home!!! Your long distance CHOP friends, Stephanie & AJ
Hi Debbie,
I have been following your blog since Hannah has been in the hospital. I found your blog through myadoptionwebsite.com. Your blog is the first thing I read in the morning after I feed the children breakfast. I say a little prayer for her each day. We adopted a little girl from China in March of 2008. She has had four surgeries since June 2008! You can check out our story at www.myadoptionwebsite.com/sophia and see pictures of our hospital stay on our blog www.hosterthappenings.blogspot.com you can also e-mail me at hostert@verizon.net. I think of you often and admire your dedication to Hannah and Lily.
Tricia
Post a Comment