10 points for you if you guessed: the hospital in Fontana.
Hannah was admitted just after we got to the clinic this morning because her temp was in the 100 range. Now it is 101 so something is certainly going on. Her blood tests haven't come back yet so we don't know what her counts are today.
I have to say that Hannah's happy heart & good attitude are giving me extra strength today. Most kids would be crying saying 'I don't want to go back to the hospital' -- not Hannah. She was cheerful & pleasant as she got wheeled from the clinic to her new hospital room.
There is someone in the room we stayed in for so many weeks so we are in a different room this visit. It was strange to walk by our old room & see someone else in there ..it felt a bit like an intruder was sitting on the couch in my living room. I am sure they are very nice and certainly other children deserve a turn in the Hannah's old Suite!!! :-) ha.ha.
Thank you to all who have encouraged me (and all of us!) on this journey. As I was walking under the clinic sign, "Pediatric Hematology / Oncology", it hit me again that I am living every mother's worst nightmare. By God's amazing grace He is sustaining me each moment. I had a good cry (not in front of Hannah) after we were told she was being admitted. The whole thing is just still so completely unreal to me.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Take a Guess Where We Are ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Sorry to sread that your back in the hopsital. We will pray that your home soon, with mom, dad and Lily.
God Bless
Sabrina
Debbie,
I want you to know that a friend of mine knows a lady that was diagnosed w aplastic anemia when she was 5 yrs old. She is 55 now and is doing very well. I wish Hannah the best of luck w her treatment and hospital stay. Sorry you have to repeat this all over again. I hope the stay will be short so you can be home again soon.
Get well wishes from Il.
Misty
ONE LONG DEEP BREATH ................and look at that smiling face sitting in that room with you :o) I know how you are feeling, stay strong, my prayers are with you guys, Hannah hope you are home in a couple of days!!!
Sorry to read the yucky news:o( I will continue the prayers for both girls and mom too. Not that dad doesn't need them he is on the list too! Hang in there Hannah.
So sorry sweetie. Praying for you each and every day.
Oh, honey. This is why the Scripture is so full of exhortations to persevere during trials. . . the longer they last, the weaker we feel. Thank goodness our High Priest is interceding for us when we can't even pray for ourselves. Remember what He is praying? That our faith will not fail. May He comfort you and keep you looking to Him every moment. . . and heal your precious Hannah!
My heart is heavy right now. She looked so good the other day and it breaks my heart to know she is back at Kaiser. What an amazing little girl with an amazing spirit!! I also give you tremendous kuddos. You are correct-- you are living every moms worst nightmare and look at you. You are just an amazing example to us all!!
You all are totally in our prayers.
Christy :)
Post a Comment