Hannah's WBC (white blood cell) count was UP TO .5 today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .5 is still a dangerously low WBC number but it is a major miracle for her numbers to be going in an upward direction!!!!!! We are all (doctors included) encouraged to see some movement with her numbers.
She is not running a fever & is off of all antibiotics. The doctor talked to us at length today & if Hannah remains without a fever we will be going home at some point this week. Once we are home, Hannah will be able to live life as normally as possible while camping out at home & keeping away from people who are sick-have been sick-have been near someone who is sick or people who are thinking about getting sick !!! :-)
I got home for a few hours today with Lily. She is so easy & sweet. This afternoon I was rocking her in her room & she was just about to fall asleep when she looked up at me -- when I looked at her she smiled her big full face toothy grin. I started laughing so hard & it was all over for an afternoon nap at that point. She completely perked up & off we went for some more time playing.
I am so encouraged that, Lord willing, Hannah's bone marrow is leaving "the vacation cruise" & making its way back to working properly in Hannah!!!!
No matter what & no matter how long the road to recovery is -- God is the same He has always been: today, yesterday & for all eternity.
All the best from Hannah Fontana's Kaiser Suite --
Monday, January 5, 2009
More Movement Upward
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Just checking in to read this great news! Those numbers moving in the right direction is so encouraging!!! Keep it going!
Prayers are coming your way! Love,
inge
That's great news. I hope the wbc count continues to go up. Sounds like Lilly knew how to get out of a nap that day. LOL. I hope you continue to have better days. May god continue to look over your family and see Hannah through this rough time.
Misty
Hey you Praying for you guys for those counts to continue to climb and to go home soon!!!
Melisa
www.caringbridge.org/visit/jacobshope
We are so thrilled that the numbers are going in the right direction... thank you LORD! I love reading your posts, Debbie, and pray for God's strength (physical and spiritual) for you all in the coming days.
Robin
Hi Debbie,
So encouraging to read your post. Your faith is inspiring and your sense of humor is awesome. Let "Hannah Fontana" know that we are thinking of her often, praying for her and spreading the word to others to be praying. God is working! He is good and loves Hannah so much!
Post a Comment