Saturday, January 10, 2009

Sleep & Temperatures Rising

I slept for almost 24 hours straight - literally. I got up twice to eat & give Hannah her medicine. Jim did her medicine last night while I was sound asleep. They spent all day today hanging out --watching movies, having popcorn & drinking hot chocolate. All while I was snoring away! I think my exhaustion was as much mental as it was physical. All these weeks of going, going, going with Hannah finally caught up to me.

Lily's fever was back a bit today & now she is coughing with a runny nose ... poor little thing! Kim says she perks back up when she has Tylenol. I feel so bad that she is sick!!! 5 weeks of her being totally healthy & now she gets sick. At this point, it is so crazy that I just have to laugh or I might not be able to stop crying once I start.

Hannah's temperature has been anywhere from 99 - 100 this evening .. which puts us at the brink of going back to the hospital. "Oy veh" is all I have to say if we are headed back to Kaiser anytime soon!! :-)

It is so great to be here at home - sleep in our own beds & be able to get ice from our own freezer (at the hospital the nurses have to bring ice from the staff kitchen).

We received a lot of mail today -- thank you to everyone that sent Hannah cards, pictures & well wishes!!! She loves it!!! She asked tonight if Lily is going to start getting lots of mail because she has strep throat. I just had to laugh ... I guess she is a little worried she might have to share the "sick spotlight" with her new little sister! A normal reaction for a girl that was an only child for almost 7 years, right? :-)

4 comments:

jennifer said...

I've been catching up. I can't believe everything you are juggling right now. I am praying for you and your family.

misty said...

Debbie,

I don't know how you are mangaging all of this, you are such an amazing mother and a strong women. You need to take care of yourself to, or your going to run out of energy to do what has to be done. I wish I could be there to help you, and wave a magical wand that would make Hannah and Lily better.

misty said...

Your family & friends in freezing Il. Are praying for your whole family.

Samaniego be strong & courageous said...

SORRY...... I just have to say NO MORE HOSPITALS!!! No more fevers for you guys. Hope your day is going well.
My prayers are with you,
Melisa
www.caringbridge.org/visit/jacobshope