Stephanie -- I don't have your email but I read your comment about your precious son, AJ, just being diagnosed with Severe Aplastic Anemia. First, I am so sorry to hear you are walking this road. It breaks my heart & I don't even know you.
I hope you will see this post before AJ starts his treatment tomorrow. Ask the doctors to pre-medicate AJ with Demerol before they start his 1st ATG. It was a big mistake that we didn't have that done on Hannah's first day of treatment. The Demerol was given about 50 minutes into her first treatment & it made a huge difference in the amount of shaking that Hannah started to experience 40 minutes into the ATG. Be prepared for shaking .. I was in shock. Maybe Children's Hospital already pre-medicates with Demerol. After Hannah's 1st treatment, we always had her pre-medicated & from then on the shaking wasn't an issue. I will be praying for AJ tomorrow as he starts his treatment. Please contact me directly on email if you need anything or have any questions: eriksenvp at gmail dot com
You are not alone on this road!
And, please, everyone that just read this personal message to Stephanie - take a moment & pray for AJ, his family & AJ's bone marrow to come back from "vacation".
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
A personal note to a mom named Stephanie , AJ's mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Thank you so much for the message, it doesn't take much to feel alone lately! AJ's first day of treatment went well overall. The Doctors were concerned because he's been having reactions to everything, but despite some high fevers & chills it was an uneventful 10 hours (and as you know uneventful is very much welcome at this point!). Hopefully his tremendous strength & bravery will guide him through day 2!! Thanks again for the prayers & we're sending some right back to Hannah!! Stephanie (tonygarreffi36@yahoo.com, www.carepages.com; ajgarreffi)
Post a Comment