Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Numbers are Holding ...

Hannah's WBC (white blood cell) count is holding at .5 -- such great news!!!!! Her platelet count is not dropping as quickly as it had been a few weeks back-- yesterday her platelet count was 65, today it was in the 50's.

Dr. Horvath looked at Hannah's blood under the microscope & there were some cells. When we came back from NIH, there were almost NO cells so something is starting to happen in the bone marrow!! What an answer to prayer!!! Keep praying for Hannah's bone marrow to come back to it's normal-happy-working-self :-)!!!!

At home this morning we had all of the carpets steam cleaned. Jim is coming to the hospital this afternoon so I can go home to grocery shop & get the house ready FOR HANNAH TO COME HOME TOMORROW!!!!!!!!! Dr. Horvath says that it looks really good for us to bust out of this hospital on Wednesday!!

YEAH ... I am so happy at the thought of all four of us being home!!

"Teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom ... Satisfy us early with Thy mercy; that we may rejoice and be glad all our days ..." - Psalm 90:12,14

8 comments:

Lilly said...

Excellent news! Praise God!

I'm so happy for you and your family and can't wait to see your first picture together :)

Now more that ever, I will continue to lift your family up in prayer. Praying that the bone marrow cells will start multiplying every second of the day, week, month and years to come.

Welcome yo your sweet home Hannah!

Curt, Pam, Ryan and Carissa said...

YEAH!! We will pray that everything keeps going smoothly tomorrow so she can be at home.

Unknown said...

Yahoo!!! Praying, praying, praying!!! How sweet it will be for the 4 of you to be under one roof! ~stacy

Been there, done that said...

Wow, I am very happy for you!
Hope you will stay home this time.
I am praying for you every night and am glad to hear it seems to help Hannah.
All the best from Germany
Silke

PS Just mailed a letter to Hannah, hope she likes receiving mail at home, too

Samaniego be strong & courageous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Samaniego be strong & courageous said...

What a feeling, YEH!!!!
I am happy for you Hannah, keep improving.

Have a great day
Melisa

misty said...

That's great! You will beable to get more rest, and Hannah will be sooooooo glad to have her own bed again. I will continue to pray for her daily. I hope cells continue multiplying, and wbc count stays up. It will be soooo nice for all of you to be home as a family again.

Misty

Christy said...

I am soooooo happy for you guys!!!! Something is happening-- that is just amazing and such an answer to prayer-- yaaaaaa!!!! I am so glad Hannah is comming home and will finally get to be with her intact family-- praise GOD!!!! I cant wait to see pics of her at home!

Christy :)