Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Life for Us Today



Here we are camped out in Room #1304. Hannah is watching Indiana Jones, Temple of Doom .... shocking ..ha,ha!!!!! :-)

She is having a much harder time taking her pills .. we have had a lot of tears tonight because of the pills & it took about 2 hours to get 5 pills down. Not fun for her & not fun for me.

Tonight I did scrapbook pages of my girls. The page of Hannah is from last night -- she spent a lot of time doing her make-up after her bath with Nurse Suzy. We called it the "Salon Suzy" because she got Hannah's hair so nice & clean & all brushed out!! The other scrapbook page is of Lily from today at home. It was so nice to have time with her today ... she is such a sweet, sweet, sweet baby and so fun to be with! What a blessing this little one is to our lives!!!

My mom brought Lily to the hospital this morning for a "longer" visit (45 minutes or so) -- Hannah LOVED it!! They walked the halls for a bit here in the Peds ward. If Lily could have she would have jumped on Hannah's IV pole to ride down the hallway!!

Grandma was at the hospital for many hours today with Hannah. Claudia came & spent time doing crafts with Hannah while Grandma, Lily & I went to In & Out. Lily LOVES putting fries in the ketchup .. she really just likes the ketchup & the fries are a bonus. At one point Lily was literally drinking the ketchup!

Hannah had a "surprise" visit from her one-time babysitter, Jenn. I know that brightened her day -- thanks, Jenn!
Jim came & spent the evening here with Hannah while I was home with Lily.

Hannah got platelets this evening so we will see what her numbers are in the morning. Her white blood cell count was at .5 today. I now know not to get too excited -- sounds terrible to say but with Aplastic Anemia it is a lot of roller coaster riding with blood counts .. numbers go up ... numbers go down. We just hope & pray to see a continual trend of upward movement. At the same time, the doctors are not expecting to see much yet. It is just too early to expect a response to the treatment. But, I also know the Lord can do anything and we are praying for a miracle for Hannah's bone marrow!! I can't wait to say "the bone marrow's vacation is over!"

I have to constantly tell myself that this is a long road & just take one day (or one moment) at a time. As Kim tells me, "each day is one day closer to Hannah being well." So true!

Please pray for

- pill issues.
- Hannah to continue to have a happy heart (today she told me she hopes she is here for her 8th birthday, 11/15, because she loves it here?!?! Maybe we are making this place too fun!?)
- Our entire family as we walk this road ... all of us have hard times at different times. This is not easy for any of us but we are doing all we can to make the absolute best of things & keep things as happy as possible!
- Hannah's bone marrow to get back to work.
- praise for Hannah's CT Scan being clear. Our friend, Dr. Alan Taur, looked at the scan last night with one of the CT techs & both of them thought it looked fine. At first we thought there was something going on in her lungs but both of them thought it was just from Hannah not holding her breath during the CT Scan. Thank you, Lord!!!
- pray for the other kids we have met here on the ward - especially Jacob & Chance. Both boys are fighting hard with very serious illnesses.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh- I just love how Hannah does the "make-up" face. She is so sweet!! Loving you from Indy!
~Blairdy

Christy said...

Sounds like you guys are making that place a blast for Hannah-- how totally cool. I will lift all your requests up to the Lord.

Hugs,

Christy :)

misty said...

Hey Debbie,

What a cute picture of Lilly. She is sooooooooo adorable. You have two beautiful girls. Jim's going to ward off alot of men one day.
I will pray for all of you. I hope you get to enjoy your mother's company while she is there. Also I was woundering if Hannah has ever been exposed to pesicides before she was diagnosed?

Take care Lots of love and
prayers in Il.

Misty

Unknown said...

Dear Hannah! How beautiful you look with your make-up! How fun is that?! We love the pictures your mom posts. You are in our thoughts and prayers every single day. We wish we could be closer so we could see you, your mom and dad and little Lily. Maybe someday we'll get out to California. Love you so much.
Don & Joanne & Harley

DiJo said...

Just wanted to let you know I have been checking your updates and praying for all of you!!!

Hugs
Diana