Monday, January 12, 2009

Still at Home!

Hannah's temperature has been hanging around 99 / 100 all weekend. Until it hits 100.4, we are fine to be at home. Today was another movie madness day & I have to say it is nice to see that Hannah is sooo happy to be home! She told me tonight that this is the best place on earth. I guess that's the way it is when the mom let's the 7 year old stay up til all hours scrapbooking until after 1am!! Should I wonder why we don't wake up until around 11am!?!

Lily is being loved on 24/7 & cared for like no other!!!!! She is camped out over at the Slazas' & seems to be feeling much better from what Kim has told me :-). Tonight her temp was in the 99's again but it was normal all day. I am waiting to hear back from the doctor at NIH in regards to how long Lily needs to be without any fever before she can come home. Hopefully by Tuesday, after Hannah has been to the clinic!!!

I never thought I'd love my house so much. For about 2 years I have been so sick of the tile floors in most of the downstairs part of our home. I've just been in the mood for a change & have been thinking about putting in hardwood floors. Can I just tell you that after 5 weeks in & out of hospitals, I could care less about the tile floors in my house! I'd sleep on them if I had to ... it is just so nice to be out of the hospital ... to not have nurses walking in & out at all hours ... cleaning people coming in ... trash collectors coming in at midnight...you name it, at the hospital your room is pretty much open to all hospital employees 24/7!

I am a little behind this year on Christmas gifts ... but with very good reason :-) I just completed my Christmas project that I do each year for my family...so get ready, girls, for your 2009 calendar!

Please keep praying that Hannah's bone marrow will come back online. We will see on Tuesday at the clinic what her WBC counts are. Lord willing, her WBC will be up a bit or at least still holding at .5!!

2 comments:

Robin Harris (ICE Coordinator) said...

Debbie -
We'll be praying for inexhaustible reserves of strength for you and Jim; I can't even imagine how tiring it must be to have this "full-time nursing job". I'm glad you had a good day of sleep the other day.
I got such a chuckle out of your comments about the tile floor. Russians have a saying, "If you think your life is bad, get a goat." There is so much folk wisdom in that! Your newly achieved perspective is certainly a great reminder to us all.
blessings
Robin

Kathryn said...

Debbie-
I don't know if you remember me. I used to come to your Cabi clothes parties and we had fun hanging out and talking abour arbonne. My name was Kathryn Smuts, but I've gotten married since then, and now I'm Kathryn Frenken. I'm actually in Kevin and Kim's Sunday School class. I just wanted to say I've been keeping up on reading your blog entries and your whole family is in my prayers. Thanks for opening your life up and showing off your beautiful girls. :)