Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Rockin in Room #1304






Hannah had me download some Cheetah Girls music tonight & now she is rockin out to Cheetah Love while coloring ... it is past 2am!

She had to have a CT Scan this afternoon & let's just say after all the emotional trauma with the needle in her port, the whole thing just about put her over the edge. She lost it & she has had a CT Scan before and knows it is not painful at all. She has just had it.

Around 3pm I left to go have lunch with my dad, she had a complete meltdown -- and my mom was with her. Poor girl just hit her breaking point today. I felt so bad for her!!

I had planned on leaving to go see Lily today but I just knew Hannah couldn't handle it if I left today. I talked it through with her & we agreed I would stay today (Monday) and go see Lily for the day on Tuesday. I haven't left the hospital to see Lily since Saturday & I know I have to get out but it has been hard because Hannah has been asking me to stay. Also, it is hard to leave her knowing that things can change quickly - tonight her temperature went back up to 101.2 ... out of no where! When her temperature goes up, understandably, she feels miserable and like any kid, she wants her mom!

My heart is very torn. I want to be in 2 places at once and unfortunately this hospital room is no place for Lily to be camping out.

I won't post Hannah's blood count numbers each day because it really doesn't matter at this point - they are going to go up & back down again. It is just the reality of Aplastic Anemia -- a bit of 2 steps forward, 5 steps back, etc. Plus, the fact of the matter is, it is a L-O-N-G road to recovery. So, it is not like we are going to wake up tomorrow & have her blood count numbers up to normal. This is a very slow process.

Two specific prayer requests:

- Hannah's heart to be comforted as she has a lot to endure. Pray for her to have emotional strength during all of this. This is a very long road & we are just at the beginning of this "marathon". Pray that she can handle all the different things that happen each day.

- For Lily -- that her heart will continue to be united to ours in a supernatural way. I know the Lord can do anything! Please just pray that the Lord multiply our time when we are with Lily!!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Debbie,

You are used to long roads..you endured 3 years of waiting for Lily. You know things don't work on our time but in God's time. God has been preparing you for Hannah's sickness for a long time. Thinking of you all!

Melissa said...

Debbie,

You are used to long roads..you endured 3 years of waiting for Lily. You know things don't work on our time but in God's time. God has been preparing you for Hannah's sickness for a long time. Thinking of you all!

Inge said...

Debbie, you all are in my thoughts and prayers today as I take care of my patients in the hospital here. Every day I thank God when I can be taking care of patients and am not one of them in the bed. It means so much to me. Hannah is a real trooper and it is ok for her to have the occasional meltdown. She is so blessed to have you and your family at her side.Blessings to you and your family.

Amy said...

Dear Debbie, I know I am but a stranger to you, but as a Christian, I feel connected to you through the Lord, and I want you to know I visit your blog and lift you, Hannah, Lily and your husband up to Him in prayer EACH and EVERY day. Keep holding on tight as you've been. Philippians 4:7- You will experience God's peace which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
I know I can't imagine what you are going through, never having been through it myself, but I do know w/all my heart that although we don't get to chose what trials come into our lives, we do get to chose how to respond to them, and I commend you and look up to you for your display of faith and open trust in the Lord during this time, you truly are amazing, and Hannah and Lily are so blessed and lucky to have you as their mom and role model.-A rogersadoptionjourney.blogspot.com

stephanie said...

Hi, my name is Stephanie. On Jan.6, 2009 my amazing 9 year old son, AJ, was diagnosed with Severe Aplastic Anemia (something until that point I had never heard of!). We noticed some bruising & he had a few nose bleeds so we brought him to the Pediatrician, we have now been in Children's Hospital since Jan. 2nd. His 4 year old sister was not a match for transplant so he will begin ATG & CSA treatment tomorrow. Unfortunately, I know the feeling of helplessness and fear for your child all to well. We will keep Hannah and your family in our prayers, stay strong!!

Samaniego be strong & courageous said...

Courage

Have courage
'cos one need courage
to face all courageous
things of courage
be courageous,
'cos one need to face life
'cos life has courage
And if you don't have courage
life will have courage
to face your wick courage
Being courageous means having strength
over all odds of life
so have courage to face all odds of life
'cos earth have courage to face all.