Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Home

I came home late on Tuesday afternoon to be with Lily. I had come down with a cold at the hospital on Monday night so I wasn't feeling that great. I then laid down with Lily to try to rest & she wasn't so interested in resting. I had so much cold medicine in my system that I really wasn't able to do much with her so I called Kim. Lily went over to Kim's & I went to bed. Actually I think I went into a coma ... I slept for 24 hours straight. I woke up 3 times for about 5 minutes each time but besides that I was completely asleep. Jim slept out at the hospital with Hannah while I was crashed out at home. Today, while I was sleeping at home, my dad left to fly back to Philadelphia (my mom is still here!!!) and Hannah got discharged from the hospital!!!! When I woke up this evening, Hannah was in my room dancing around & singing. I told her I thought it was a dream that she was really here at home. This visit she spent 15 days at the hospital - unbelievable.

We are all home tonight. I am sneezing like crazy & not feeling good at all but so thankful that I don't have the flu. That is the l-a-s-t thing Hannah needs. Of course, a cold isn't good either but I am not kissing on Hannah so hopefully she won't get what I have.

Mac - I am so sorry you didn't win the auction for the pot holder!!! I am sure Hannah will be glad to work out a custom order for you :-) Email me at eriksenvp at gmail dot com

Carrie - you have a point about Rob C. - if the check doesn't arrive in the mailbox soon I will posting his mug shot here :-)

I am off to get Hannah in the tub & into bed by 11pm!

All God's best from home ...

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Welcome Home! Sorry youhave a cold but hopefully you recover soon. Praying you can have an extended stay at home this time!!

Fagel said...

Thank you so much for coming back to us all! I kept checking the blog for updates. . . how was I to know the blogger was unconscious? So glad to hear that you are all home and that once again your precious mother is there when you need her most. We will pray for quick recovery for you and protection for Hannah -- and everyone else! Wash, wash, wash those hands :^).

Inge said...

Happy to read the good news! Love and prayers, Inge

Samaniego be strong & courageous said...

YES!!!!! You guys are home, I am glad Hannah is feeling good :o) I better not see next week there.

Have a great day,
Melisa
www.caringbridge.org/visit/jacobshope

Unknown said...

Prayers answered! All of you are such an inspiration to each of us!

May God tenderly wrap His wonderful arms around each of you and give you His sweet peace.

Love and prayers...

Christy said...

Welcome home Hannah!! I am so happy you are home safe and sound. I am also glad your mommy got 24 hours of much needed sleep.

misty said...

Debbie,

I hope your feeling better soon. Glad Your all home together again. Take care of yourself.
Misty