Tonight was very rough for my sweet Hannah but she continues to amaze me even through the roughest of times! She is trying hard to understand what is happening & coping with all that is being expected of her during this illness (i.e., taking lots & lots of pills every day, getting poked through her skin with a 1" needle, getting poked again, getting poked again, the list goes on & on) .
Hannah's blood counts are down again (well, they were already down, now they are just more critically low than when we were at home). Her white blood cell count is at .3 (normal starts at 4.5), platelets at 20 (normal starts at 140) and her hemoglobin at 6.6. And for all the other medical persons out there (or myself in 10 years when I re-read this blog), Hannah's ANC is 46.5!!?!
Fagel, your comment from my last post encouraged me so much when you wrote: "Scripture is so full of exhortations to persevere during trials. . . the longer they last, the weaker we feel. Thank goodness our High Priest is interceding for us when we can't even pray for ourselves. Remember what He is praying? That our faith will not fail." So true!!!
Tonight I "had" to bring Hannah something new when I came back from being at home where I had been RE-RE-RE-RE-packing. (And, Wendy, I know you are laughing at me for bringing Hannah something new but she has n-o-t-h-i-n-g !!!)
I bought Hannah a new shirt that says "Love the Life You Live". When I held it up for Hannah to read she said, "how about if it said 'Love the life Jesus gave you'"
Every day, every single minute of this journey ... in the midst of all the tears, giggles & trials she just keeps amazing me.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Hannah's Quote of the Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Debbie dear, when you have a minute, I wonder if you would want to look at the blog I will link here. Nalene was one of Aaron's best friends in high school. They founded the campus prayer group together, went to the prom as friends, etc. Their little girl has been battling dreadful cancer for 18 months (encouraging news so far). I hadn't been on their blog for a while, but went there this AM after reading yours. The note that especially touched me and made me think of you is Dec. 6 of this year. If you don't feel like reading through tons of it, just scroll down to that one. You can also look in the left column to find an entry that tells of the initial diagnosis. And if you don't have the emotional energy to read this -- just skip it! Love you.
http://foranna.wordpress.com/
Debbie,
Words can't express how sorry I am that Hannah has to go through this. Just know that there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of her. I hope Lily is better. I will pray daily that all her labs will start to go up. May god give you strength and see Hannah through her daily struggles w aplastic anemia.
I believe one day her immune system is going to start fighting back. B/c she is an amazing strong little girl.
Misty
Out of the mouth of babes...
Prayers continue to be offered for strength and endurance during this.
Hannah is really something. I am so glad Jared shared her story - in 140 characters! : D
You have a very special little girl. When I read about what Hannah's quote I wanted to cry. I haven't been loving the life that Jesus gave me but I am going to start right now. Please let Hannah know that she has changed a life.
Post a Comment